Cneeld

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Hey guys, so I’m trying to get a muffler delete done on my 2020 SI and a shop just told me they can’t do it unless I get a delete kit??? I’ve been looking and can’t find specific kits all I’m finding is muffler delete pipes, is that what I need? I figured they would cut out the mufflers and just weld in pipe but I guess not. At that point is it better to just get a performance muffler?
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
It is usually just a cut and weld process. I’m surprised that they turned you away.

ale99llamas

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 Rallye Red
Country flag
lol pretty much told you to scram.

please go to reputable muffler shops. Some of these muffler shops have shady people.

OP
OP

Cneeld

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
It is usually just a cut and weld process. I’m surprised that they turned you away.
That’s what I thought too, I was like ok thanks for nothing..

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some shop I went to said they couldn't do it because the pipe flattened slightly before the mufflers and they could only do round pipes. The shops name literally had mufflers and brakes in it and they couldn't do a muffler delete? Honestly I thought it was a bit comical, they did a resonator delete for me instead.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Some shop I went to said they couldn't do it because the pipe flattened slightly before the mufflers and they could only do round pipes. The shops name literally had mufflers and brakes in it and they couldn't do a muffler delete? Honestly I thought it was a bit comical, they did a resonator delete for me instead.
Probably means their welding skills aren’t up to the task. My guy remarked how the pipes do flatten in the hatchback and it’s weird, but he knew how to work with it. Sounds like the shop you went to didn’t want to go through the trouble.

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Probably means their welding skills aren’t up to the task. My guy remarked how the pipes do flatten in the hatchback and it’s weird, but he knew how to work with it. Sounds like the shop you went to didn’t want to go through the trouble.
Oh for sure. And their welding skills were definitive certified crap. About the worst MIG welds I've ever seen, the only reason I asked them to do it is because I don't have ready access to a lift or MIG equipment, but I know I could've done a better job myself.

Either way tossed that thing out and slapped in a Borla, haven't looked back since.

OP
OP

Cneeld

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Hey guys, so I’m trying to get a muffler delete done on my 2020 SI and a shop just told me they can’t do it unless I get a delete kit??? I’ve been looking and can’t find specific kits all I’m finding is muffler delete pipes, is that what I need? I figured they would cut out the mufflers and just weld in pipe but I guess not. At that point is it better to just get a performance muffler?
I ended up going to a different shop that did custom mufflers and they said a lot of shops won’t do it Bc of the way the pipe flattens before exiting out the “HDMI port” lmao but they quoted me $200 and did all the necessary welding and custom bent pipes to fit. Sounds amazing now, should’ve sounded like this out of factory!!! Not too loud but at low speeds gives a nice rumble and pops and crackles. Absolutely 0 drone at high speeds which is the best
Sponsored

Reactions: Phy