Muffler delete for daily driving?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've watched a bunch of videos and searched the forums about muffler deletes and definitely learned a lot, only thing is I've never heard one in person yet.

They say that the muffler delete isn't too loud but from videos it sounds super loud. I live in an apartment complex with a parking lot and don't want to disturb anybody since I tend to come back home late nights and leave to work early mornings
Sponsored

DLEGAIR

First Name
Dexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I've watched a bunch of videos and searched the forums about muffler deletes and definitely learned a lot, only thing is I've never heard one in person yet.

They say that the muffler delete isn't too loud but from videos it sounds super loud. I live in an apartment complex with a parking lot and don't want to disturb anybody since I tend to come back home late nights and leave to work early mornings
If you live in a community where people will complain about louder cars you should probably just get a full exhaust so it won't be as loud. 27won sounds good and is a relatively quiet cold start and idle. I have a muffler delete and it's not super loud per se but people who live near you will know your car after a while if you catch my drift, it does sound good but it's really up to your discretion.

DrToothache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I have had the muffler delete for over a year now. It is really only loud on a cold start in the morning. This is the only time I am slightly concerned for my neighbors, but then my neighbor with a Harley starts his engine and reminds me that my car is pretty quiet lol. Other than the cold start it is not very loud and is definitely fine for daily driving.

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It's really not that loud, as others said, it's only really loud on a cold start in the morning. Other than that, the muffler delete is 100% worth it for the pops and crackle :)

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
It's honestly not too loud and if you want it to be quiet you can just keep the revs low. There is some drone from 1600-2000 and 3500-3800 around there but otherwise I really enjoy it. One thing that isn't the best is if you're at 5,000+ it sounds pretty stock at least inside the car but yeah otherwise I really like it.

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag

I cant help regarding the question, but i just wanted to say your courtesy to your neighbors is a breath of fresh air. The world needs more people like you.

I have some asshole that lives near me that likes to rev his shitty bike to redline every morning when he leaves for work at 6am.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had a muffler delete for over a year on the stock downpipe, no problem. The moment you add a freer flowing Downpipe, Catted or De-catted, the muffler delete becomes extremely loud and raspy, so I went with a dedicated exhaust.

Tried Magnaflow, it was ok. Invidia R400 was pretty decent but wasn't a fan of the blue tips and it sounded smooth but didn't excite me. Now I have the AWE Touring, and it'll be staying because it's truly intoxicating at WOT, and just mild enough for a daily. Will take a full clip in a week or two once in summer mode, but here's my last clip

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would recommend a downpipe over muffler delete. Get some cackle and throatiness instead of drone. A delete or full exhaust wont give you any performance difference, the oem downpipe on the other hand is pretty big and heavy and restrictive. I run rv6 catted dp and front pipe with invidia gemini r400 exhaust. Id say do dp first and if you want more add full exhaust. I hate rev matching without the roar to go with it, feels so lame.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Me just turning on my car annoys only one of my neighbors(sjw) and I live in a suburb. It started because me and my family taking too much “public” parking spaces on the curb and started complaining to the hoa for every little thing. Someone is bound to complain but I digress. It’s not really loud. Most other cars make more noise than our si. Videos can never give you the full experience since I found them either not loud enough or poor quality. Most people are using phone mics to record the exhaust and there’s a lot of missing notes that are not captured. I can say the only downside you’ll deal with drone at around 1.8-2.2k rpm if you tend to drive in 6th gear on 45-55mph. I leave it 5th to make it less annoying inside the car.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was it a Magnaflow muffler or system?
Full system. It's a good OEM+ Exhaust but not exciting. It also bothers me that there's a lot of gap in the sedan diffuser area once you remove the HDMI tip. The Invidia did cover most of the gap, but AWE triple tip fills it up the nicest :)

I have it laying around, selling for $500 CAD if a local is interested in pickup in the Toronto area. Based on the tanked exchange rate this week, that's $365 USD LOL, but wouldn't be willing to ship.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I cant help regarding the question, but i just wanted to say your courtesy to your neighbors is a breath of fresh air. The world needs more people like you.

I have some asshole that lives near me that likes to rev his shitty bike to redline every morning when he leaves for work at 6am.
Haha appreciate that man thanks! Yeah I always do my best to be considerate, I know all of us are car guys and can get past the sound but I don't want to piss off some of my elderly neighbors and have a bad rep

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had a muffler delete for over a year on the stock downpipe, no problem. The moment you add a freer flowing Downpipe, Catted or De-catted, the muffler delete becomes extremely loud and raspy, so I went with a dedicated exhaust.

Tried Magnaflow, it was ok. Invidia R400 was pretty decent but wasn't a fan of the blue tips and it sounded smooth but didn't excite me. Now I have the AWE Touring, and it'll be staying because it's truly intoxicating at WOT, and just mild enough for a daily. Will take a full clip in a week or two once in summer mode, but here's my last clip

Thanks for this super helpful! I was actually looking into the AWE exhaust as well because it sounds very minimal and clean from the videos and also looks the best out of every aftermarket exhaust in my opinion.

Do you still have the muffler delete with the AWE exhaust or did you put it back on?

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for this super helpful! I was actually looking into the AWE exhaust as well because it sounds very minimal and clean from the videos and also looks the best out of every aftermarket exhaust in my opinion.

Do you still have the muffler delete with the AWE exhaust or did you put it back on?
Anytime, and yes it's truly a gorgeous system. My other favorite is the 27won system, super clean sound but I've always been a triple tips fan.

Not sure what you mean about Muffler Delete and AWE Exhaust together?

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anytime, and yes it's truly a gorgeous system. My other favorite is the 27won system, super clean sound but I've always been a triple tips fan.

Not sure what you mean about Muffler Delete and AWE Exhaust together?
Ah is AWE exhaust the entire exhaust system? Maybe my car knowledge is lacking but I thought you could have an aftermarket exhaust with a muffler delete and it would be louder
Sponsored