cougtx

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So I did a muffler delete on my ‘Si coupe a few weeks ago. Since then I’ve gotten a Ktuner and TSP Stage 1 tune. To me, after listening to the sound inside the cabin, the drone seems to be less apparent when using TSP Stage 1 tune (compared to factory & 19/23 psi base map).

So my question is, will a tune effect the exhaust note, when drone occurs (for example, certain RPM ranges), etc?

Thanks!
Sponsored

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
So I did a muffler delete on my ‘Si coupe a few weeks ago. Since then I’ve gotten a Ktuner and TSP Stage 1 tune. To me, after listening to the sound inside the cabin, the drone seems to be less apparent when using TSP Stage 1 tune (compared to factory & 19/23 psi base map).

So my question is, will a tune effect the exhaust note, when drone occurs (for example, certain RPM ranges), etc?

Thanks!
Not really. When I tuned my car, the drone only got a little louder from having higher boost. Only changing the exhaust and intake will start changing the tone. It’s kinda like blowing into a whistle. The tone stays relatively static unless you modify it.