Muffler Change and Resonator Delete

Zhaiandy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic VTI Hatch
Country flag
Hi all
I've got a 2018 civic vti, the 1.8L version and want to change exhaust sounds. Ive looked into cat backs but i dont have the budget right now. Was wondering if I could get a low tone muffer and replace the resonator with a pipe. Does anyone have any pointers in the specs of the stock muffler as I want to keep it in line with stock.
If anyone has a suggestion for a muffler with a lower, rumbly tone that would be awesome too.

Honda Civic 10th gen Muffler Change and Resonator Delete 20220916_150405[1]
Sponsored

honduh

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic VTI-LX 16
Country flag
Sup mate. What do you think of the DBX muffler? Lots of people have gone for a res and muffler delete, and put a dbx where the res was. I did it too, sounds great imo. Not a fan of straight pipe, this is similarity, but has a lower rumble. Bit of growl. I'm very happy with it!

I'm sure you can probably get similar with a glass pack or hotdog or something... that was my first thought before I came across the tried dbx of so many others.

Only thing is I'm not sure if it's more restrictive cause it kinda fights when braking hard, like it needs more throttle to get the exhaust out... I have no idea...

Just youtube civic x dbx
This is mine