• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

New Jersey MSW Type 22 16x7 Wheels w/Continental Wintercontact SI Tires for sale

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
These wheels fit the 10th and 11th Civics. Offset is +45mm, tires are 215/55R16. They have 2 winters on them (1/4" thread depth) and have been sitting in storage since I got rid of the Civic for a Mazda. 1 of the wheels has some peeling paint, see pics. Asking $550 for the set in the NYC/NJ metro area. Will knock $50 off if picking up local around 07621. Includes nuts.

Honda Civic 10th gen MSW Type 22 16x7 Wheels w/Continental Wintercontact SI Tires for sale 20220927_130918

Honda Civic 10th gen MSW Type 22 16x7 Wheels w/Continental Wintercontact SI Tires for sale 20220927_130756

Honda Civic 10th gen MSW Type 22 16x7 Wheels w/Continental Wintercontact SI Tires for sale 20220927_130752

Honda Civic 10th gen MSW Type 22 16x7 Wheels w/Continental Wintercontact SI Tires for sale 20220927_130746

Last edited:

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It's nice that you have calipers, but that's not how you measure depth with them 😅

Use the bottom of the calipers to measure depth. You may also want to list specs like wheel offset and tire size.

Does look like the tires have some good tread left though, so GLWS!

OP
OP

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
It's nice that you have calipers, but that's not how you measure depth with them 😅

Use the bottom of the calipers to measure depth. You may also want to list specs like wheel offset and tire size.

Does look like the tires have some good tread left though, so GLWS!
Good point. I'll update the post.

Appreciate the advice but in my 20 years of engineering experience, I've always used it in the way shown. The depth gage side (which you're thinking of) is used for measuring holes and the like.

The side I'm using, which is the backside, is called the stepped gage side.

As long as you have a long enough groove, it's the more accurate way in this application. The reason is because you can bank it parallel to a surface to make the depth perpendicular whereas using the depth gage portion, you have to eyeball it to make sure it's completely perpendicular.

https://support.bantamtools.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001656313-Proper-Use-of-Digital-Calipers

The linked guide on the proper use of calipers describes the error that I'm talking about.

OP
OP

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Wow, you taught me something today, sir - I had no idea calipers could be used this way!
No prob man. There are tons of little things about calipers that are fascinating. Like the jaws have little relief cutouts for burrs.

OP
OP

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Buuuuump!
Sponsored