NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
What are peoples thoughts on maybe putting some high quality NGK's in? I mean the car only has 24k but all the guy did was a few oil changes. I would change the air filter but the cobra cai is on the way.

Zeffenn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
i doubt that you need them yet

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Go to the autopart store and buy some MAF cleaner. Not carburetor or injection cleaner, MAF cleaner. Turn off the car, let the MAF cool, and remove it from the housing. Clean the MAF, let it dry, and reinstall. Doing that restored 9 mpg to my mileage. It may have been why they sold the car. But the MAF cleaner is an easy fix.

Last edited:

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
There is a setting for that? I've just been doing it myself each time!!
Yup, somewhere in the vehicle settings. Also, Hershey! I'm in Palmyra.

Zeffenn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I achieved 43.4 mpg on a 35 mile joy ride while using map 1 on my TSP stage 1. Ok, there wasn't that much joy involved with getting a number like that but it can be done.

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This was my work commute yesterday. There was no traffic as it consists of rural towns and country roads, 26 miles one way.

Honda Civic 10th gen MPG in the low 20's w/ stage 1 tune 0713201709_HDR

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I took a trip out of town last week. Car was jammed full of stuff. I got around 33mpg on the highway, and 22mpg kicking around curvy mountain roads with just me in the car.
I was running 40-60% ethanol on a med-high performance tune.

OP's MPGs are definitely from driving style.

Pull the plugs and read them if you must, I doubt they need to be touched. Try engine braking and mild normal braking to crawl to a red light as slow as possible. Over-inflate the tires a few psi. Try adding some MoS2 to the oil and trying a different fuel brand.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My tank averages are mid-30s w/o playing hypermiling games in 50/50
driving with a ton of stop-and-go and WOT acceleration to highway speeds... and has been for the 2 years I’ve had TSP Stage 1. Will be lower 30s if I add in some idling and Pokémon Go crawling with the kids. Will crack 40 on interstate jaunts near the speed limit. Your plugs should be good for about 100,000 miles (there’s a code for them on the MM... pretty sure it’s #4) and are already high quality plugs. You can pull them and check that your gaps are open but it’s pretty early. I wouldn’t do it before 1/2 way to their change interval in mileage personally.

On level ground with the cruise on... all things being equal (proper tire inflation, minimal bodies in the trunk, etc.) I see approaching 50 mpgs at 55 mph and high 30s/low 40s at 70 mph. TSP Stage 1 shouldn’t hurt economy at low loads. It might add a touch of less-efficient richness under higher load... and the extra airflow will require additional fuel for more power. I never saw any real change in my fuel economy when just cruising at highway speeds. I assume the timing that’s added is up past the torque peak so it’s not where it’d improve fuel economy.

MPGs are pretty much always driver related. There’s no golden car that’s going to be massively different than another of the same model/trim as long as they’re running right. Anyone with a heavy foot... who shifts late, winds out gears but under moderate throttle... who doesn’t anticipate stops and charges up to stops then brakes hard late w/a minimum of coasting down... and a bunch of other things could make my mid-30s all the time car be a 20s car.
Sponsored