NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Hi Guys! I know there are other threads about this but, not really specific to my scenario. Im new to the forum, though I've been looking plenty of things up. I was really hoping someone could help me out. I just bought a 2017 civic si coupe and installed the tsp stage one tune. I just figured out how to show mpg lol and I'm getting in the low 20's. I was running map 2 in sport mode, but even when I turn it down to map one without sport I'm getting in the low 20's to maybe 27 at the most. Any idea of whats going on =( I need help I just learned how to look at the datalog in tuner view also, where do I find my fuel trim under and what should I be looking for? How do I know if my spark plugs are acting up? I checked oxygen and it looked good.
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Mine is usually from 27-30mpg ever since I used wider tires with the Hondata tune. When I was using the stock sport hatch tires, I was hitting 32-38mpg even with the Hondata tune.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It really depends on how hard you are pushing your car. Basically, at part throttle, mpg's shouldn't be too far from stock. Push it hard and mpg's drop off a cliff.

As an example I've gotten as high as 50 mpg in my non-Si turbo with the TSP tune. When I drive in race car mode, I've gotten as low as 17 mpg.

My guess is the tune is new to you and you're having fun checking out the capabilities. Drive it easy for a few days and see if your mileage looks better.

As far as the fuel trim question, look for STFT and LTFT.

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Thanks, No other mods so far other than the k tuner. I had a feeling it had to do with my driving but it seemed shockingly low. The weird thing is when I look on the dash I got it to about 27 mpg trying to baby it. On the Trip A mileage is showed like 37 mpg ? Which is it? Thanks for the name of how to look at the fuel trim. What kind of numbers or what should I like to see if everything is normal ? Also should I possibly change my spark plugs or clean my air filter or something, I'm the second owner with 24k on the car. All the previous owner did was like 3 oil changes.

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Also, I have tuner view on the head unit. When I try and open it on my phone, its asking for me to pay like 5 bucks for some data logger or something. Is this normal what do I do ?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks, No other mods so far other than the k tuner. I had a feeling it had to do with my driving but it seemed shockingly low. The weird thing is when I look on the dash I got it to about 27 mpg trying to baby it. On the Trip A mileage is showed like 37 mpg ? Which is it? Thanks for the name of how to look at the fuel trim. What kind of numbers or what should I like to see if everything is normal ? Also should I possibly change my spark plugs or clean my air filter or something, I'm the second owner with 24k on the car. All the previous owner did was like 3 oil changes.
Hm I honestly don't know, I could be completely wrong but it could be an exhaust leak?

I had a similar problem to you where my MPG was incredibly low and no matter how much I babied it my gas gauge would deplete really quick. Turns out I had an exhaust leak from when I installed my downpipe.

Could be possible previous owner had mods and then parted out and didn't correctly tighten some things... can't say for certain but I guess it could be possible

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
It was a lease, and very very very babied. Everything was completely bone stock and taken care of. Is it possible it takes a while to adjust mpg and im just kinda stepping on it ? I usually shift around 3 or 4k through out the gears. I checked oxygen levels and everything was in the green. Things are tight right now and im really worried, how do I check for an exhaust leak? Or the spark plugs, ect ?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Trust me on this. It's your right foot.

Also remember if you're driving more city than highway, mpgs suffer big time. Check your tire pressures. I highly doubt you're having mechanical issues.

If you want though, post a datalog here (in a .zip) and I'll check it out.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was a lease, and very very very babied. Everything was completely bone stock and taken care of. Is it possible it takes a while to adjust mpg and im just kinda stepping on it ? I usually shift around 3 or 4k through out the gears. I checked oxygen levels and everything was in the green. Things are tight right now and im really worried, how do I check for an exhaust leak? Or the spark plugs, ect ?
Like the people above me said then it's probably your foot. You definitely would know if you have an exhaust leak, like your gas gauge has to be draining pretty fast. When I was driving with a gas leak I drove about 60-70 miles and half my tank was gone, now that it's fixed I'm using less than a quarter.

Also I wouldn't always say leases are babied unless you know the person, I beat the absolute fuck out of my 2018 si lease before this car :confused1::confused1:

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I understand thanks for your help. I cant get tunerview to work on my damn phone its making me try and buy something to datalog. Or does it save on the dongle and I can just plug it in my desktop? I dont have a labtop

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Idling also kills your mpgs. Do you reset your trip odometer ever?

The average mpg reader will never raise if you have 2000 miles on your trip odometer

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Idling also kills your mpgs. Do you reset your trip odometer ever?

The average mpg reader will never raise if you have 2000 miles on your trip odometer
Best to set it up so it resets on each fillup.
Sponsored

Last edited: