Mounting a sub in the stock enclosure (SEDAN)

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Unfortunately the clearance between the coupe rear glass and the deck, especially on the rear, is practically nonexistent. You can barely fit a wrench to unbolt the OEM subwoofer in the back corners.

I think my only reasonable choice is to make a bracket with my torn apart OEM sub and use some spacers and the OEM bolts to tie it down. I'll post a pic once I get something going.
It worked!

Honda Civic 10th gen Mounting a sub in the stock enclosure (SEDAN) IMG_20200801_123103

More details in the coupe version of this thread I made here.
Sponsored

EP3R-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MR/MGM CB500F, 2018 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
OP, are you running that speaker infinite baffle? Or is there some sort of actual enclosure for the bottom of the speaker?

OP
OP

rramrattan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP, are you running that speaker infinite baffle? Or is there some sort of actual enclosure for the bottom of the speaker?
There's no enclosure for the bottom of the speaker. It's a free-air sub, so the underside of it is just exposed in the trunk!

EP3R-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MR/MGM CB500F, 2018 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
There's no enclosure for the bottom of the speaker. It's a free-air sub, so the underside of it is just exposed in the trunk!
I gotcha, I was just wondering if there was another sedan out there that had a box made for the stock location like I did. I ended up hanging my box under the stock hole in the deck. For my setup, an 8" IB sub wasn't going to be able to keep up.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mounting a sub in the stock enclosure (SEDAN) IMG_0224_photo
Sponsored