captlwr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
I'm not surprised that the 0-60 times aren't improved, I watched a YouTube channel a couple of months ago where the reviewer mentioned how the new 2020 Si requires the driver to change gears to third before hitting 60 and I assume last years model would reach 60 mph in second gear. That makes sense because it's geared lower but the extra shifting time instead of acceleration time is costing a bit in the 0-60 times. perhaps 0-75 it might improve, where both cars account for a shift into third? Who knows, I have been driving fairly easy on my 2020 Si and yielded 37.6 mpg calculated manually after my first and only fill up so far. It was a 50/50 mix of winding and hilly backroads and open highway. It was also just after the holiday break so perhaps the traffic was lighter too. I'm averaging a little over 40 mpg on my second tank so far, totally blown away with these results.

Like the OP above mentioned, rev hang wasn't an issue for me since I haven't been hammering down too hard on the right pedal.
I has NOTHING to do with "hammering down on the Gas Pedal_" - it is ridulous Rev OVER-run between shifts at anything above 2500 RPM and there is NO excuse for it - I will never buy another one now that Honda has made this change in programming that started in 2012 - and that "tune" will only work for about 2 months and then the ECU re-learns it's Factory Settings - trust me it's a game changer
Sponsored

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Rev hang is way over exaggerated. I learned how to shift with it on the way home from the dealer. I've even heard of someone saying they lost a race because of it, lol?

StevenGregory

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm not surprised that the 0-60 times aren't improved, I watched a YouTube channel a couple of months ago where the reviewer mentioned how the new 2020 Si requires the driver to change gears to third before hitting 60 and I assume last years model would reach 60 mph in second gear. That makes sense because it's geared lower but the extra shifting time instead of acceleration time is costing a bit in the 0-60 times. perhaps 0-75 it might improve, where both cars account for a shift into third? Who knows, I have been driving fairly easy on my 2020 Si and yielded 37.6 mpg calculated manually after my first and only fill up so far. It was a 50/50 mix of winding and hilly backroads and open highway. It was also just after the holiday break so perhaps the traffic was lighter too. I'm averaging a little over 40 mpg on my second tank so far, totally blown away with these results.

Like the OP above mentioned, rev hang wasn't an issue for me since I haven't been hammering down too hard on the right pedal.
My observation (2017 Si) has been that with the slightly taller final ratio, I still have to shift to 3rd before hitting 60 mph--over-revving to prevent the time lost with the shift does nothing to improve the 0-60 as the engine runs out of steam up top. I believe (not proven) that my 0-60 actually improves by slightly short-shifting before I hit the redline.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
My observation (2017 Si) has been that with the slightly taller final ratio, I still have to shift to 3rd before hitting 60 mph--over-revving to prevent the time lost with the shift does nothing to improve the 0-60 as the engine runs out of steam up top. I believe (not proven) that my 0-60 actually improves by slightly short-shifting before I hit the redline.
You definitely have to be prepared to shift before any of the gauges or beeps tell you so (1st and 2nd). If you wait for it to tell you, you will get a fuel cut off and the speed dumps pretty hard.
Sponsored