Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If you look close, the grille is half black, half chrome.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Looks interesting. I almost like the fastback design of our 10th gen sedans more though, but i'd have to get a shot of the rear to really say so.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
This is just their guess but it sounds like it might be coming as 2021 model? Of course with the virus all bets might be off on that. Anyway, what do you guys think?

https://www.motortrend.com/news/future-cars-honda-civic/

20200514_160556.jpg
No side markers? Pity, it was such a great cheap mod....
But I bet there will be more visible sheet metal shape difference for the 11th gen.

....though with the Welsh-built Type R ensnarled in Brexit madness.....
They keep promoting the fake news about Brexit having anything to do with Swindon, even though their own article, linked right there! confirms that it's not so. Amazing. :doh:

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
?

Continuous slow morph into mid-size Accord territory. Smaller grille = hybridization and no turbo (see current Insight and hybrid CRV drivetrains).

The Insight and Clarity are really beta testers for Honda to refine and incorporate into its mainstream models (CRV, Civic, Accord). They can discontinue the Insight by having a 11th-gen hybrid Civic initially on the upper trims (1.5T for lower trims?). And slowly phase out the 1.5T like what happened to the current 2.0L base trim.

Last edited:

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
?

Continuous slow morph into mid-size Accord territory. Smaller grille = hybridization and no turbo (see current Insight and hybrid CRV drivetrains).

The Insight and Clarity are really beta testers for Honda to refine and incorporate into its mainstream models (CRV, Civic, Accord). They can discontinue the Insight by having a 11th-gen hybrid Civic initially on the upper trims (1.5T for lower trims?). And slowly phase out the 1.5T like what happened to the current 2.0L base trim.
Well .having a Civic Hybrid and Insight would be pretty redundant. Honda would have to kill off the insight completely in order for a Civic Hybrid to make sense...which I don't see them doing because I've seen insights on the road a lot lately and they seem quite popular. Plus, Honda just introduced the 1.5 turbo drivetrain recently in this current generation, there's no way they'd phase it out soon. My guess is that they just include the 1.5 turbo in all trims of the Civic and no longer offer the 2.0 engine. But we'll see. The insight would serve as the "civic hybrid".

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe the 2021 accord, but not the civic, nothing bout that screams aggressive and fun.

Vexels

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is just their guess but it sounds like it might be coming as 2021 model? Of course with the virus all bets might be off on that. Anyway, what do you guys think?

https://www.motortrend.com/news/future-cars-honda-civic/

20200514_160556.jpg
My first impressions were definitely Insight-like, which makes sense considering the Insight is just a hybrid Civic.
To be honest, this rendering looks pretty bland with widespread appeal in mind, which is exactly why I think it's way more realistic than other crazy "11th-gen" concepts out there, haha.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next Civic resembles this - it looks a lot like Honda's current design language, but it feels like a step away from the (at the time, in 2016) crazy and radical styling the Civic is known for.

REBELXSi

SeƱor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
2021 my ass

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That has to be the weakest jab. Iā€™m going based on ā€œappearanceā€. And this looks like an accord not a civic. Iā€™m not concerned on whatā€™s under the hood. I have my bike if I want to go balls too the wall w/ pure adrenaline. ?
Sponsored