Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
Yeah I've been getting around 29mpg in mine. And I'll play from time to time too.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
“...compared the steering and general handling behavior to her Audi A3.”

Um, no. CTR is way beyond A3, S3, and RS3 in handling.

I always average high 23.x mpg in mixed driving, which is a bit annoying.

I had an AWD bolt on + tuned Golf R with nearly 100hp more, and it got 1.5-2mpg better than my Type R on average.

They nailed it on the infotainment, though. It’s so slow and the audio quality should be better given the price tag.

Last edited:

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
I was starting to worry that I made a mistake for getting a model with the plain Jane radio again. I was bummed the model I wanted the 19' sport didn't have the infotainment system and I'd have the same radio I had in my 16' Lx for another 3 years. I'm suddenly not so bummed. Lol. Hopefully they improve it by 2022.

akadic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold) CTR 1722
Country flag
If they are down to complaining about this I am good:

"Besides the ever-absent volume knob, Ed discovered that with "the list of connected devices being 'full,' connecting her (and my) iPhone via USB cable to access Apple CarPlay necessitated pulling over and deleting a user first—each time, because the system doesn't allow adding while the car is in motion. Never had that happen before, in any vehicle." Honda's lawyers are cruel. Most of the car's settings can only be changed when the car is at a standstill."

Also, I have HondaHack, so wouldn't be an issue for me but I can't really see this happening as I always connect my phone to my car.

various cheeses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
I don’t see how. You’d lose control of the AC and tons of other stuff.
Are there any options for a better audio interface then? Man I wish they kept going with double-din units instead of these damn faux ipad styled headunits.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are there any options for a better audio interface then? Man I wish they kept going with double-din units instead of these damn faux ipad styled headunits.
There definitely are options for increased audio quality through line conversion from the factory amplifier into an aftermarket amplifier. But I’m pretty sure we’re stuck with this interface.

OP
OP

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
If they are down to complaining about this I am good:

"Besides the ever-absent volume knob, Ed discovered that with "the list of connected devices being 'full,' connecting her (and my) iPhone via USB cable to access Apple CarPlay necessitated pulling over and deleting a user first—each time, because the system doesn't allow adding while the car is in motion. Never had that happen before, in any vehicle." Honda's lawyers are cruel. Most of the car's settings can only be changed when the car is at a standstill."

Also, I have HondaHack, so wouldn't be an issue for me but I can't really see this happening as I always connect my phone to my car.
Yeah, it's not really an issue for people who own the car, only if you happen to have a bunch of people rotating in and out of the car with their own phones.

Also, re: the A3 comparison - that was a layman. She's not a car expert. So for her, that was probably high praise, comparing a lowly Honda to a "luxurious" A3.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t see how. You’d lose control of the AC and tons of other stuff.
there should be something out eventually. I've seen some units on other cars come with climate controls included in their replacement

Frackz

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2018 Audi RS3
Country flag
how many miles were on the car i cant tell from the article..wonder they got robbed of so many MPG>. heavy foot,,,,carbon build up maybe? they should give some details on type styles etc.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
there should be something out eventually. I've seen some units on other cars come with climate controls included in their replacement
One would hope. If they sort that out, I will rip this crap out day one it’s released and start from scratch.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The mileage sounds plausible if you are not flat-land highway driving all the time. My mundane DD route which is probably 2/3 local 1/3 highway yields usually no better than 25 MPG(I think my current 8k miles Fuelly is 24). Also she said compare favorably to the A3, which I thought was pretty fair...

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
There definitely are options for increased audio quality through line conversion from the factory amplifier into an aftermarket amplifier. But I’m pretty sure we’re stuck with this interface.
Honestly, IMO the factory amp is fine if supplemented with a mono amp for the subwoofer. It doesn't have enough power to provide truly deep bass, but it's got plenty for the rest of the speakers. The stock speakers suck though, cheap paper cones that can be easily and cheaply swapped out for something better. I have replaced the center dash speaker, front door speakers and subwoofer, and added an amp for the subwoofer. The system still looks stock, but audio quality is massively improved and plenty good enough for me.
Sponsored