(Motor blew)PRL turbo kit with meth injection

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
@kshawn congrats man great numbers! Can't wait to see how she does when you get the meth squared away! Hopefully jump on the Dyno soon myself in the next couple weeks making another tweak on my tune with Derek and ill set up a few pulls.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
@kshawn congrats man great numbers! Can't wait to see how she does when you get the meth squared away! Hopefully jump on the Dyno soon myself in the next couple weeks making another tweak on my tune with Derek and ill set up a few pulls.
Same! Even with the meth system trickling out it still had a nice positive effect. Good luck with your dyno! I was nervous af during my process xD

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Update

I've sent the pump out for inspection and possible warranty. Everything else in the system is passing the tests. But I just can't get any pressure in the system when injecting.
When capping off the nozzle for a system pressure test I only saw about 190psi and it was slow to build to that. Pump should be putting out 300psi. I've verified the pump is getting the power it needs.
One thing I've also noticed is the new braided line pump vibrates and shakes more, then my only last year bought, nylon line pump.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Update:

Pump is back! Saw nearly 300psi on the pressure sensor. And ktuner was seeing -25 on the STFT. So it's definitely working! Sent my logs out to Derek, now I wait :)

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Update:

Derek and I decided to downsize from the size 6 nozzle, 625ml, to a 5, 375ml.

Even at 50% on the meth pump it was drowning in VP M1. And taking all that fuel out of the injectors would just be a recipe for disaster.

With the size 5 in. We're pretty much done with fuel adjustments, as of today. I was given the go ahead to raise boost to 26 and send it. I of course sent it at 26psi, knock control didn't budge from .49

I then preceded to carry out my own idea and jacked the sucker to 28psi. I'm sorry Derek! Forgive me. I did run a quick pull at 27 ;). Knock control didn't budge on either run! Outside temp was 80° during the pulls and 2 were done back to back. The last 2 :thumbsup:

Haven't dumped in E85 to the mix yet. This was on pump 93 + VP M1

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update:

Derek and I decided to downsize from the size 6 nozzle, 625ml, to a 5, 375ml.

Even at 50% on the meth pump it was drowning in VP M1. And taking all that fuel out of the injectors would just be a recipe for disaster.

With the size 5 in. We're pretty much done with fuel adjustments, as of today. I was given the go ahead to raise boost to 26 and send it. I of course sent it at 26psi, knock control didn't budge from .49

I then preceded to carry out my own idea and jacked the sucker to 28psi. I'm sorry Derek! Forgive me. I did run a quick pull at 27 ;). Knock control didn't budge on either run! Outside temp was 80° during the pulls and 2 were done back to back. The last 2 :thumbsup:

Haven't dumped in E85 to the mix yet. This was on pump 93 + VP M1
Yessss METH! lol good to hear you got things running I'd be careful with that boost lmao. It must feel really good at that level for sure though!

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yessss METH! lol good to hear you got things running I'd be careful with that boost lmao. It must feel really good at that level for sure though!
Thanks! And Haha ik. Btw 29.3psi throws a TC pressure high circuit code lol. Which I believe is normal. Cuase the sensor maxes out at 29-30. I'm pretty sure there's a way around this, to run more boost. I'm sure Derek's got the solution on that.

I'll be throwing up more then a few pictures this week. Showing how I routed things, and so forth. I'm currently trying to bribe the engineers at work to construct a meth tank mount. I want to raise the tank off the trunk floor and put the "gravity" fed pump underneath. For more consistent flow.

Sometimes I'll see 230-40 psi on the pump, and other times I'll see 300. So I'd like to consistency hit 300, wouldn't want to run a little lean on some runs.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I picked up some VP X85 from a event the other day. E85 at the pump is nonexistent in Maine. Waiting for Derek to give me the go ahead and I'll dump some of that in the tank, when we're finalizing the tune. I think were close. The meth portion is almost finished up :)

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good stuff! I keep looking into meth kits prob go with the snow kit myself...I wonder what power level you're at with just pump gas and meth lol I fear for the motor if I toss all that into mine

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Good stuff! I keep looking into meth kits prob go with the snow kit myself...I wonder what power level you're at with just pump gas and meth lol I fear for the motor if I toss all that into mine
So my next tune to test is almost at ethanol ignition and boost level. If that goes well the one after that will be E40 ignition level. And we haven't added any ethanol yet. Just pump 93 and the meth injection.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Something the facility guys, at work, wiped up for me xD. I still have to make it look pretty.
Honda Civic 10th gen (Motor blew)PRL turbo kit with meth injection 20190612_170828
Honda Civic 10th gen (Motor blew)PRL turbo kit with meth injection 20190612_170840

On a side note. I'll be ordering new MAP sensors since I've now maxed out the stock ones. STILL haven't added the X85 gas. We're still pushing on the meth system alone!

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Something the facility guys, at work, wiped up for me xD. I still have to make it look pretty.
20190612_170828.jpg
20190612_170840.jpg

On a side note. I'll be ordering new MAP sensors since I've now maxed out the stock ones. STILL haven't added the X85 gas. We're still pushing on the meth system alone!
Dude that's awesome so Derek is cool with pushing further? That meth must be doing great things now I really need some lol

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Isnt that boost limit primarily why PRL switched to Hondata on the shop car?

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Isnt that boost limit primarily why PRL switched to Hondata on the shop car?
No that's the stock map sensor pegs out at 29psi need a 4 bar to go any higher than 29psi...and PRL will be running both Ktuner and hondata switching between both platforms for R&D and ensure both platforms work well with their kit.

OP
OP
kshawn

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Dude that's awesome so Derek is cool with pushing further? That meth must be doing great things now I really need some lol
For now he is. Knock control stays at .49 I don't know if he'll go over 30 psi on meth alone tho. Well see!
Sponsored