Motive Power bleeder (for brake and clutch) setup for 2016+ Civic hatch, sedan, coupe

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
I had a power bleeder I got years ago for my BMW and I wanted to also use it for my Hondas.

I cut the air line and got a female quick disconnect coupler for the bleeder side and 2 males for the master cylinder reservoir side so I could easily go between either German or Japanese car.

The Honda cap, I got from Amazon and it fits perfectly on basically any Honda brake master cylinder, having tried it on my current gen Civic Si and CR-V.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MYXAXS5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I have always bled my cars at 12 to 15psi and I'm able to easily hold that pressure with no leakage.

ETA: If using this type of bleeder, I strongly recommend you keep an eye on your reservoir fluid level. I typically just unscrew it after bleeding each caliper to top it off and move to the next caliper.

The power bleeder does have a straw that can pull up fluid from inside its built-in reservoir to keep the master cylinder reservoir filled as you go, but I personally don't like using that feature available. I'd rather control the fluid level in the way I described.

You can also use this tool to bleed your clutch slave cylinder. I've done it on my BMW, but I prefer to just gravity bleed the clutch system as it seems to work perfectly fine already

Honda Civic 10th gen Motive Power bleeder (for brake and clutch) setup for 2016+ Civic hatch, sedan, coupe IMG_20200711_160609

Honda Civic 10th gen Motive Power bleeder (for brake and clutch) setup for 2016+ Civic hatch, sedan, coupe IMG_20200711_160751

Last edited:

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
That is an awesome setup, exactly what I was looking for. Can you post a link to the quick disconnect and male connectors? also, what is the size of the airline you've used?

OP
OP
das borgen

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
OP
OP
das borgen

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You're welcome!

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I can never get the clutch master cylinder to bleed properly even between using traditional pedal-pumping and a mityvac. I just ordered the Motive bleeder and the cap you linked in hopes it will make quick work and take care of the soggy pedal.

I hate bleeding the clutch master cylinder.

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This gave me an idea... I've been thinking of buying a power bleeder but I have a rarely used roundup pump bottle. I may rig it up similarly and either not worry about a pressure gauge or I may drill a hole and add one to the bottle, or inline on the hose.

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I had a power bleeder I got years ago for my BMW...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MYXAXS5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
To anyone who doesn't already have the Motive bleeder laying around, it may be more cost effective and/or less headache to just get the matching CTA bleeder and skip the custom tubing and quick disconnect.

I haven't used it yet, but I got the updated design with the 10' hose when I ordered from this listing on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004X4Z6XK/

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Happy to report that my old Motive bleeder 0107 has now been converted for my Hondas. Test fitted it on my Odyssey tonight and it held 15 psi with no leaks. Left it on for over 3 mins with no drop in pressure. My setup was a little different as i had to use a 3/8” barbed splicer to connect my original hose to the new 3/8” id hose that leads to the CTA 7030 cap. Very happy this all works now. Now I’m womdering why Motive didnt just make a proper cap for Hondas in the first place. Big thanks to OP.

Honda Civic 10th gen Motive Power bleeder (for brake and clutch) setup for 2016+ Civic hatch, sedan, coupe 31751481-8FCC-4B1E-A91E-F302A5914EAB

OP
OP
das borgen

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm glad to see it worked for you!

Nice Odyssey!

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I finally received my motive power bleeder today, along with the Honda cap. I'll be using it to re-bleed my clutch master cylinder. Here's hoping it is effective and actually gets me the firm pedal. No amount of mityvac and pedal pumping could.

OP
OP
das borgen

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I finally received my motive power bleeder today, along with the Honda cap. I'll be using it to re-bleed my clutch master cylinder. Here's hoping it is effective and actually gets me the firm pedal. No amount of mityvac and pedal pumping could.
Try doing 2 or 3 ABS stops on the street and then go bleed the system

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I never knew this thing existed till I started playing the game Wrench showing a power bleeder is available in game.
Sponsored