WoolyKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Looking to get Motegi Racing MR116 18x8 +45mm offset to replace my OEM Si rims on a factory suspension, I will probably stick with Goodyear eagle sport 235/40R18 that came with the car less than 8K miles on them. I've poked around and there are a few members who have similar setups. Good buy, OK, or stay away?
Sponsored

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Looking to get Motegi Racing MR116 18x8 +45mm offset to replace my OEM Si rims on a factory suspension, I will probably stick with Goodyear eagle sport 235/40R18 that came with the car less than 8K miles on them. I've poked around and there are a few members who have similar setups. Good buy, OK, or stay away?
Looks good.
The specifications for these wheels on Motegi's site says the 18x8 size is 23.98 lbs -- which is better than the stock 28 lb stock Si wheels.
I don't see a reason why you couldn't stick with the stock tires for a little longer, though they are middle of the road in terms of performance.

Style of the wheel is all down to personal preference.
For an example, I'm not a fan of 5-spoke wheels, and prefer 6-spoke or 7-spoke.
Too little spokes and it looks...empty. Too much and it's too busy.

OP
OP
WoolyKris

WoolyKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Just picked up the wheels today. I guess I’ll stick with stock tires for now. Will post some pictures soon!!!
Sponsored