...Motec and gone

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
where is everyone getting this onfo from? keen to look into them just to be on the safe side.
Sponsored

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
really wish there was a mirror!

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Are people able to get more power and torque from the motec vs the other options? I haven't heard of the others having issues like this.
Motec, ktuner, hondata etc are all essentially tools that allow you to change how the motor runs. It’s like asking if one wrench can tighten a bolt more than another wrench. They can all properly tighten the bolt but some owners push too hard and break the bolt.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Pretty sure they will fight this one. Gonna be a very suspicious scenario.
Most likely, considering the hype this car has + all mods done to this car particular sample with this blown engine. I think it would be hard to not find info. online about it.

OP
OP
rajahdat

rajahdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 nevermind
Country flag
With the battles of EMS, anyone can blow your motor coming from lots of variables of tuning or fuel. From what I have read on this forum and other community groups is that whoever goes against MoTeC in the form of the CTR EMS systems like ktuner or hondata is "cheap" or "unworthy" per say.
Don't get me wrong I would run a MoTeC EMS but not on my daily CTR, I would reserve that for full-blown track duty so I can adjust everything within reason.
A while ago there was a note of motors going due to owners or tuners reaching for the stars on numbers hp/tq. Even when I dyno'd my car I was shocked to see the peak tq of the powerband peak out at 3k rpm and made a prediction that this will be another kefuffle in the CTR tuning world.
Being the OP I wanted to inform other owners no one is exempt from tuning to the highest hp/tq longevity and reliability is questionable. This is the only case I have seen the video to back up claims of a motor blown with information of EMS used with the owner and car. Now I don't know the person or other person's that have blown their motor.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
With the battles of EMS, anyone can blow your motor coming from lots of variables of tuning or fuel. From what I have read on this forum and other community groups is that whoever goes against MoTeC in the form of the CTR EMS systems like ktuner or hondata is "cheap" or "unworthy" per say.
Don't get me wrong I would run a MoTeC EMS but not on my daily CTR, I would reserve that for full-blown track duty so I can adjust everything within reason.
A while ago there was a note of motors going due to owners or tuners reaching for the stars on numbers hp/tq. Even when I dyno'd my car I was shocked to see the peak tq of the powerband peak out at 3k rpm and made a prediction that this will be another kefuffle in the CTR tuning world.
Being the OP I wanted to inform other owners no one is exempt from tuning to the highest hp/tq longevity and reliability is questionable. This is the only case I have seen the video to back up claims of a motor blown with information of EMS used with the owner and car. Now I don't know the person or other person's that have blown their motor.
:werd:

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you’re dropping the money for a MoTeC System Exhaust why would you put such a powerful exhaust on a stock engine?
Sponsored