Most expensive car you’ve driven beside

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The other day I was cruising on the highway and saw this unusual vehicle on the same stretch of road... At first I thought it was a late model Corvette but it was waaaay lower and wider. I got within two car lengths and the driver punched the go pedal. The exhaust sounded amazing and he walked away from traffic on the highway like we were all standing still. I lost him and exited the highway only to catch him at a light and finally had a chance to see what it was.

The car?

Koenigsegg Regera

Honda Civic 10th gen Most expensive car you’ve driven beside 1024px-Regera_%28light_gradient%29

Price: $1.9 million
Sponsored

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
I saw a late model Rolls-Royce Phantom when I made a trip to the hardware store the other day. It drove by while I was putting supplies in my truck, and it was quieter than a Prius. $417k.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I never drove one back in 1986 I was 18 years old at the international auto show in New York I was trying to sit in a Lamborghini countach I was over 6’ tall it was very cramped and I was very disappointed because it was a dream car of mine

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had a McLaren go past me yesterday, not sure what model but the thing looked new and was a weird orange color with black trim and secondary coloring. The tail lights looked weird to, I am sure it cost a pretty penny and felt a little out of place even for Little Rock :p

-R

marklenhert

https://www.autoankauf-schumacher.de/
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.autoankauf-schumacher.de
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Tourer
Country flag

Weeks

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw one of these on my morning commute in Alpharetta, GA a couple of months ago. There's a dealership just around the corner from where I work, along with a Lambo/Ferrari dealership, etc. Lots of that kind of luxury stuff in that area. Consequently, I've also driven alongside a Lambo Huracan, and there's a Ferrari California in our parking deck every morning.

Honda Civic 10th gen Most expensive car you’ve driven beside used-2018-porsche-911-gt3-759-18579115-5-1024

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 2018 VW Atlas
Country flag
I think I have driven the most expensive car when I was driving a Porsche 918. At around $1.6 million it trumped the last most expensive car I had driven which was the Carrera GT which is about $600k at the time.
Honda Civic 10th gen Most expensive car you’ve driven beside CKcHrUFVAAAqOf_

I have seen a lot more valuable cars but not on the road.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Most expensive new car, a Lambo lp700-4.. like 4-5 years ago.. put an exhaust on it for the guy and drove it back to his house 30 miles away. 425k with 5k paint option.. something like that.

Most expensive car based on value.. Same guy had a ferrari f40 we built.. drove it many times the months we had it. Ended up selling it before we finished for 1.2 Million

Notable Street Car entries-
2005 Ford GT UGR TT (tuned it)
2008 SRT-10 UGR TTViper(tuned it)
Ferrari 458 Italia
McLaren Mp4-12c
Mercedes AMG GT Black series

Race cars-testing purposed, not racing
Porsche gt3 Cup
Lmp3 Norma M3

Last edited:

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Have driven a Jaguar F-type R (V8) that my brother currently owns. Things is fast, but more like Mustang fast as its RWD. He has only let me ridden it about 4 times in his 3 years ofownership. :(

Gonna test drive a McLaren 570s that my cousin bought in this corona time. Dealer was supposedly giving huge incentives and he bought it for about 100k OTD. That's a killer deal to me...

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I had a Porshe 918 with Martini Racing livery pass me by a few months ago.

Honda Civic 10th gen Most expensive car you’ve driven beside Uo0MpP4l

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man... I feel poor. I drove a buddy's brand new 335i in... '07? Whatever was the first year they had them I do believe and I think it was something like $60-70k maybe at the time. That's probably the only car I've driven that was north of $50k.

I need to make new friends.

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
When I lived in Santa Clara the guy across from us had a new
huracan- pretty common in Silicon Valley.

Last edited:

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Pulled up next to a Veyron a couple years back. That's a car which...kinda stands out, you know? Hard to miss. I've also seen a number of obviously well-cared-for, not-inexpensive vintage Ferraris and the odd Lambo, but I'm not familiar enough with the market to have any idea which was the most expensive.

Man... I feel poor. I drove a buddy's brand new 335i in... '07? Whatever was the first year they had them I do believe and I think it was something like $60-70k maybe at the time. That's probably the only car I've driven that was north of $50k.

I need to make new friends.
I was about to reply with a similar "man, I'm poor" comment. But then I re-read the thread title and I caught the word 'beside'. The question isn't about the most expensive car you've personally driven. Rather: what's the most expensive car you've seen on the road? "Beside" as in literally "next to". I'll bet you can do better than that 335i

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
I had the chance to drive a Nissan R35 GTR and a Ferrari F488 GTB around the NJMP.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pulled up next to a Veyron a couple years back. That's a car which...kinda stands out, you know? Hard to miss. I've also seen a number of obviously well-cared-for, not-inexpensive vintage Ferraris and the odd Lambo, but I'm not familiar enough with the market to have any idea which was the most expensive.

I was about to reply with a similar "man, I'm poor" comment. But then I re-read the thread title and I caught the word 'beside'. The question isn't about the most expensive car you've personally driven. Rather: what's the most expensive car you've seen on the road? "Beside" as in literally "next to". I'll bet you can do better than that 335i
Oh... misread it then.

...and, sadly, I might not be able to do much better. I’ve lived in military towns or in rural areas all my life... where tons of people are barely scraping by. I’ve walked by a few Vipers... GTRs... 911s. Those might of cracked $100k... but nothing like some of these cars.
Sponsored