diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
245/35/20. I even went with all seasons in case I need to drive it in winter.
Sidewall increase give me just enough comfort to not have to worry about every crack in the road resulting in possible wheel damage.
I did the exact same thing. Only wished I would have done it sooner. The 35 profile is much more forgiving on the potholes, bumps, etc. I bought Continental DWS
Sponsored

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Same here. Although I pulled those off this summer when I started AutoX.
I did the exact same thing. Only wished I would have done it sooner. The 35 profile is much more forgiving on the potholes, bumps, etc. I bought Continental DWS

F20C1A

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Clarity Touring and 2021 Civic Type R SGP
Country flag
In the event of road trips if I have a blowout-and I don't want to carry a full size spare-I have the stock spare already, what is the most common tire?
I think 245/35/20 since there are a LOT of them on tire rack.
I would just hate to break down in BFE and have the rednecks there say "oh, you can leave it with us....no problem, hehehe". We don't stock that fancy tire.....
If you have the donut already why do you want another spare? It would get home fine wouldn’t it?

OP
OP
Fountainhead

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
If you have the donut already why do you want another spare? It would get home fine wouldn’t it?
I don’t want a full spare, I only wanted to know the most common best tire in case of a blowout I can use the donut to get to a tire shop and if I use a common tire perhaps I’ll be able to get one that day.

F20C1A

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Clarity Touring and 2021 Civic Type R SGP
Country flag
I don’t want a full spare, I only wanted to know the most common best tire in case of a blowout I can use the donut to get to a 3tire shop and if I use a common tire perhaps I’ll be able to get one that day.
Okay, understand. Good luck.
Sponsored