Morimoto HID

Refried_Loaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 civic '19 civic si
Country flag
Back story:
VVME was the brand of HID's I bought for years with no issues with either ballasts nor bulbs, they 100% a chinese mfg but actually outlasted many brands comparable in price $40-60. They have been out of business for quite some time so I turned to DDM Tuning, a recognized brand for years, well, not only did the heat range I order differed from actual, I had a blow out on a bulb that was 2 weeks old. Here I am now with an expensive morimoto kit and I couldnt be happier.

Those curious the oem halogen bulbs have some the best range and coverage Ive seen in a long time, I really NEED to change to HID i just wanted to, I wanted pure white and a little more definition. What I got was exactly that, I DO have some gripes however, nothing major but it made me say "really? come on".

I did not like having to tie terminals directly to the battery, the harness for it was juuuuuust too short where I couldnt mount it anywhere I wanted to unless I extended the wire itself, mainly the ground wire. The joining harness to the opposite side was also about 6-8in short, if both of these were a bit longer by default you could place these anywhere on either side.

No mounting hardware for the ballasts, for a kit costing this much and how well presented the "brain box" are, id assume it would atleast come with double sided tape or atleast have a option to buy it separate.

Install was not straightforward as youd think, they have some weird way of getting it to work that isnt directly explained. Id have to look at how i did it but I know it is not the same as every other HID kit I've seen. Just have some unused wires hanging out, very strange. It took much longer to install this, mostly figuring out where I'd want to mount everything/how id want it ran. It was late and it ended up being a sloppy install but easily cleaned up, alot of downtime could have been adverted if some of the wires were atleast longer.

Overall I'm happy and I feel like the cost was worth the unit, I watched a ton of comparison vids and really its just something you have to see for yourself, save yourself the headache of looking at vids, there are so many variables on both their end and your end.

These are 35w 6000k which is pure white, there is no reason to go 55w unless you want faster warmup times which diminishes life.
Honda Civic 10th gen Morimoto HID photo_2021-07-22_11-49-55
Honda Civic 10th gen Morimoto HID photo_2021-07-22_11-50-54