silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It might be hard to see in the pictures
I can see the shadow you're referring to in your pics. I've never noticed this before from my HIDs but I'm guessing they're there as well.

hurricane379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Here are some better pictures. Honestly, it doesn't affect the overall illumination and over 30mph they pretty much disappear, its more me nitpicking at this point
Honda Civic 10th gen Morimoto HID 5500K 35W IMG_2782.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Morimoto HID 5500K 35W IMG_2783.JPG

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well after driving this morning and testing out each and every single component in the HID system, it seems that one of my amp igniters is out. Currently only one bulb works. Emailed TRS. Hopefully they can send one asap.

Smuckin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Did you buy the optional capacitor with your kit? They say it reduces flickering, do you notice any flickering?

Abramumum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic sedan LX CVT
No flicker here. I have Bulbs, ignitors, ballasts, & relay.

Now that ive been using them for a week or so, i find I'll have to lower the headlamps a bit more. I've only been flashed by a single oncoming car, but i do see that they're directly shining into somerear windows of low cars ahead of me - usually other r sedaris. . I certainly hate being blinded by others, so i don't want to do it too others...

And the color is already getting closer to actual white. I choked a little bit at dumping 200 bucks (CAD) on headlights, but now I'm so glad i did.

Damnit, typing this in reminded me that i forgot to get t doublestick tape. Argh!

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
IIRC, there's a transport canada headlight level guide.
I'll see if I can find it.

Don't have time to sift through actual regulations, but sources on the internets say 25 feet away from a wall, the cutoffs should be ~5cm lower than headlight axis.

Last edited:

Houckinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX MT
I guess Installed. Not super satisfied with the placements, though. The relay i got is fairly large, and my restriction of not drilling was an issue. Nonetheless, it works. For now, i placed foam chunks aside the ballasts to keep them i place. I'll be buying some good double-stick foam tape this week.

I placed the relay to the left (facing the engne) of thy e fuse box, and used a ziptie to hold the screwhole so it doesn't tilt downward. The right lamp ballast is beside the washer fluid fill pipe, which i will tape to the frame. And Its' cable is fed under the lip of the front piece of plastic along the front of the engine compartment, with h a ziptie at each end. Due to the short length of the cable and relax y location, the left ballast is to the right(car left) of the fuse box. Again, I'll use foam tape to afix it to the frame, as nd i think I'll use heat-resisant foam if i keep it against the fuse box, since i assume the ballast will get toasty.

I was hoping for a better placement scheme, but everything is away from heat producing components and all should stay in place.

I had 36w LEDs in there before. They were certainly better than the OEM halogens, but the throw distance was disappointing. But my 40w LED highbeams are great. Can't wait to try them out tonight. Luckily, I'm far enough north that's fully dark by 5pm.

Update: Well i went around town, and out of town on the unlit highway. Holy crap, what a difference compared to my OEM and LEDs. Looong throw, wide, clean pattern, and nice color. Though apparently they take a few dozen hours of break-in to get to thei true color. (i have 5500k). But i see they're a bit high. I only got flashed by one guy, but i can see that once other lower cars get farther than 80m away, I'm shining into their rear window a bit. plus I can see that they're pointing juuuusut beyond level. Now i just have to find that one screwdriver that's long/thin enough to fit down there...
Which bulbs are you running for your highbeams?

Abramumum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic sedan LX CVT
Car Rover 40w LED. I was considering another set of HIDs, but I'm not sure where I'd put the ballasts and relay. Though, i recently did 13 hours of night driving and found that the Morimotos throw farther than my highs, and since the highs are in reflector housing, and pattern is quite wide. Since both sets remain on when using highbeams, the combined coverage is quite ridiculous.

I also stsrted getting flashed a lot when i passed other cars in the middle of nowhere (after switching highs off) , so i stopped at a gas station for a long Philips driver and gave the lows another full turn downward.

Overall, I'm very pleased.

Oh. The LEDs are 6000k. They had no 5500k, and i didn't want 5000k. My Morimotos are still a tiiiiiny bit green.

shoutcast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/Honda Sensing
Car Rover 40w LED. I was considering another set of HIDs, but I'm not sure where I'd put the ballasts and relay. Though, i recently did 13 hours of night driving and found that the Morimotos throw farther than my highs, and since the highs are in reflector housing, and pattern is quite wide. Since both sets remain on when using highbeams, the combined coverage is quite ridiculous.

I also stsrted getting flashed a lot when i passed other cars in the middle of nowhere (after switching highs off) , so i stopped at a gas station for a long Philips driver and gave the lows another full turn downward.

Overall, I'm very pleased.

Oh. The LEDs are 6000k. They had no 5500k, and i didn't want 5000k. My Morimotos are still a tiiiiiny bit green.
Check out my thread.. The way i placed them is really neat. I am very happy about the placements. schrol through the entire thread there are many pictures.. Also if you detailed how i did i can help with that as well.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-ex-t-canbus-ballast.7521/
Sponsored