More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback

vti07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 9G Euro Hatch
http://paultan.org/2016/05/04/spyshots-2017-honda-civic-hatchback/

In the interior high res shot, notice there is an additional button to enable/disable engine auto start/stop. This is probably a LHD car for Europe, probably either the Euro spec 1.0 or 1.5L Turbo petrol. Also the handwritten notes looks to be in German or something.

Honda Civic 10th gen More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback civic-hatchback-1

Honda Civic 10th gen More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback civic-hatchback-2

Honda Civic 10th gen More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback civic-hatchback-3

Honda Civic 10th gen More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback civic-hatchback-4

Honda Civic 10th gen More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback civic-hatchback-5

Honda Civic 10th gen More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback civic-hatchback-6

Honda Civic 10th gen More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback civic-hatchback-7

Honda Civic 10th gen More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback civic-hatchback-8

Honda Civic 10th gen More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback civic-hatchback-10

Honda Civic 10th gen More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback civic-hatchback-11

Honda Civic 10th gen More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback civic-hatchback-12

Honda Civic 10th gen More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback civic-hatchback-13

Honda Civic 10th gen More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback civic-hatchback-14

Honda Civic 10th gen More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback civic-hatchback-15

Honda Civic 10th gen More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback civic-hatchback-16

Honda Civic 10th gen More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback civic-hatchback-17

Honda Civic 10th gen More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback civic-hatchback-18

Honda Civic 10th gen More spy pics of 2017 Civic Hatchback civic-hatchback-19

shakedown94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #8479. Past cars - 80 Civic,97 Civic,87 Integra,94 Integra,94 Civic,00 Integra,12 Hyundai Accent
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
and driving around w/ the hood popped..... well I guess for the wiring for test/monitor equipment. but, stilll

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I saw these pics. Are they all from the same car/day? I couldn't tell and don't know who to ask. If you notice, some of the deciduous trees (spelled right I guess?) don't have their leaves, but some of them do. meh.

As for timeline - in a similar post to this one, (deleted maybe? Not sure what happened to it but no biggie), I thought I mentioned a few things that do lend to a summer release. First, this test mule seems to be near production-ready. None of the interior is hidden and aside from the camo outside, I think the outside, wheels, suspension, windows, trim, etc seem to be complete. This would, in my mind, lead us to believe we are roughly where we were last year when the near-production model was spied... someone please help me with the timing as I've thrown away my calendar I was using to track all this stuff. Basically I seem to remember seeing this version of the Sedan pre-production about 4-5 weeks before the official 'unveil' or 'release' or whatever, with production following shortly and available for purchase like 3 weeks later. As I recall, it was test-mule in August/September, available for purchase November. If we are as far along as we think, we are looking at 'perhaps' an official unveiling in early July with purchase possible in August. Maybe.
I'm monitoring the website maintained for the Swindon plant but it still indicates gen9 Civic's are rolling through. Perhaps someone in UK can go recon for us!!

The second thing I noticed - just before the Coupe came out, the Honda website page to sign up for more information had a check-box for 'let me know when this car is on sale.' Well, it's been showing this text for the Hatch for about 3 weeks now as I recall... and I can't imagine them having that text up for more than 3 months before it's available but he what do I know? hah.

So, I do think we will see hatches on lots and on the road BY the fall at the latest, but late summer seems to be a definite thing.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last picture - what's the gray box?

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
For some reason Im not feeling the fastback.. And I love hatchbacks. Fit, old civics, imprezas, Focus and 3. It just reminds of the crosstour and a lancer fastback. Maybe its just me.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For some reason Im not feeling the fastback.. And I love hatchbacks. Fit, old civics, imprezas, Focus and 3. It just reminds of the crosstour and a lancer fastback. Maybe its just me.
I agree in those comparisons, but I actually liked the look of the Lancer hatch thingy. I mean the front was weird but I thought the back was ok. My most afraid it might end up being compared to a Malibu MAXX (gross/vomit/puke).

The TypeR coming in hatch form gives me precisely what I need at this time in my life - I'm 6'4 and I've got a 4 year old and a 2 year old. They're in a booster or a forward facing harness booster type seat. Eventually they'll both be in boosters, and of course out of any kid seat. The hatch gives me the head room I'll need for what I suspect will be rather large kids. They'll be able to grow into this car and by the time it's paid off (maybe 2 or 3 years after it's paid off), we'll be too big to comfortably fit and I'll retire the TypeR from DD in favor of whatever the Acura sedan of the future is. Or Tesla S v2.
The sedan is pretty good sized but could use more head space in the back for people my size.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

sometimestwice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree in those comparisons, but I actually liked the look of the Lancer hatch thingy. I mean the front was weird but I thought the back was ok. My most afraid it might end up being compared to a Malibu MAXX (gross/vomit/puke).

The TypeR coming in hatch form gives me precisely what I need at this time in my life - I'm 6'4 and I've got a 4 year old and a 2 year old. They're in a booster or a forward facing harness booster type seat. Eventually they'll both be in boosters, and of course out of any kid seat. The hatch gives me the head room I'll need for what I suspect will be rather large kids. They'll be able to grow into this car and by the time it's paid off (maybe 2 or 3 years after it's paid off), we'll be too big to comfortably fit and I'll retire the TypeR from DD in favor of whatever the Acura sedan of the future is. Or Tesla S v2.
The sedan is pretty good sized but could use more head space in the back for people my size.
Booster seat a 4 year old and forward face a 2 year old? My son is 3 and still rear faces. I like him to be alive but alrighty then. Not safe at all...

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Booster seat a 4 year old and forward face a 2 year old? My son is 3 and still rear faces. I like him to be alive but alrighty then. Not safe at all...

1. It's time to switch to a front-facing car seat when

A. Your child is age 1 and weighs 20 pounds.

B. Your child is age 2 or reaches the seat's weight or height limit.

C. Your toddler's legs appear crowded by the rear-facing seat.

Answer: B. At age 2. Experts used to advise doing the switcheroo around a child's first birthday, but recent research shows that children under 24 months are five times more likely to die or be seriously injured if they're in a front-facing seat. So just last year, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) issued new recommendations. "A rear-facing car seat does a better job of supporting a young child's head and immature neck and spine because it distributes the force of a collision over the entire body," says Parentsadvisor Dennis Durbin, M.D., a pediatric emergency physician at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). Worried about your toddler's scrunched-up legs? Don't be. There's no evidence that they're more likely to be injured in a rear-facing seat. Plus, it's much easier to fix a broken leg than a broken neck.

sometimestwice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's age, weight, and dependent on the child. Some children have low muscle tone. But unless the 4 year old is the biggest 4 year old ever in history, they shouldn't be in a booster seat. Theoretically you CAN do these methods any age you want them to. You can also do violent crime, drugs, rob a bank. Doesn't mean you should do it, does it? It's dependent on the child, not a broad guide...

Last edited:

sometimestwice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's age, weight, and dependent on the child. Some children have low muscle tone. But unless the 4 year old is the biggest 4 year old ever in history, they shouldn't be in a booster seat. Theoretically you CAN do these methods any age you want them to. You can also do violent crime, drugs, rob a bank. Doesn't mean you should, does it? It's just safer for the child to wait until they are ready, not some broad guide
Sponsored