More Questions from New Owner

mpt2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for that, we are on the same page and I learned something. I wasn’t blaming ethanol itself, more of the manufacturers who use it to make crap gas. I’d rather buy higher octane ethanol free as you are getting a better quality gasoline.
Do you know if the hondata tune has a ethanol map?
Sponsored

mpt2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have a question.

Why are lots of people getting rid of their OEM wheels? Is it just to customize or is there something wrong with the design of the 20s?

I’ve read about potholes and popping tires, and having limited access to only summer tires, is there another reason? I’d like to make an informed decision as I pick up my CTR in the next 2 weeks.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
I have a question.

Why are lots of people getting rid of their OEM wheels? Is it just to customize or is there something wrong with the design of the 20s?

I’ve read about potholes and popping tires, and having limited access to only summer tires, is there another reason? I’d like to make an informed decision as I pick up my CTR in the next 2 weeks.
Probably just to recoup the cost of getting another set of tires/wheels. Personally, havent had an issue with pot holes yet *knock*. Even though they're forged they're not as strong or as light as other forged aftermarket wheels.

You have a few options when it comes to lower cost tires in the OEM profile. You could also go with a 35 series tire which opens up the number of tires even more, but you'll be running a slightly larger overall tire.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
I have a question.

People that want to drive hard want a lighter wheel with more sidewall than stock. 200 TW tires are cheaper in smaller diameter wheels as well.

People that live in areas with crappy roads want more sidewall to prevent blow outs.

mpt2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
People that want to drive hard want a lighter wheel with more sidewall than stock. 200 TW tires are cheaper in smaller diameter wheels as well.

People that live in areas with crappy roads want more sidewall to prevent blow outs.
Why does more sidewall allow someone to drive it harder?

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
Probably just to recoup the cost of getting another set of tires/wheels. Personally, havent had an issue with pot holes yet *knock*. Even though they're forged they're not as strong or as light as other forged aftermarket wheels.

You have a few options when it comes to lower cost tires in the OEM profile. You could also go with a 35 series tire which opens up the number of tires even more, but you'll be running a slightly larger overall tire.
https://www.civicx.com/threads/type-r-wheels.17251/

Seems like they're cast.

Another benefit of swapping to something with more sidewall. The sport setting is now as comfortable as the comfort setting on 20s, but you get the more weighted steering and throttle response (if you're into that sort of thing).
Sponsored