More fun: No Lift shift, boost lag eliminated, 226 HP, 255 tq calibration

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
No, I was running a custom tune from Vit, it was putting out more power than the +9
If you put out more hp/tq than the +9 and want to have more hp/tq again, i think your clutch will have hard time to handle all this torque. I dont know if you run flashpro or ktuner? If you run flashpro your tune is probably the +9 basemap and vit start with this and customise your tune. Anyway if vit said you need better gas, so race gas is your only way to go for more hp/tq without modding the turbo or downpipe/exaust etc...
Sponsored

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
If you put out more hp/tq than the +9 and want to have more hp/tq again, i think your clutch will have hard time to handle all this torque. I dont know if you run flashpro or ktuner? If you run flashpro your tune is probably the +9 basemap and vit start with this and customise your tune. Anyway if vit said you need better gas, so race gas is your only way to go for more hp/tq without modding the turbo or downpipe/exaust etc...
He told me since my clutch is not slipping with his tune that I shouldn't replace it yet. I was using Flashpro but I switched to Ktuner.

If I mod the turbo/downpipe won't I still need race gas to make more power?

Skeegle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ex-t 6MT
The overrun fuel cut delay is quite easy to change with the FlashPro, as teebee288 mentioned. You can specify the fuel cut delay per gear. These values are found under the Fuel category for any given calibration.
Wow this is amazing! I had no idea rev hang was basically solved and then I see this floating around non-chalant.

@procivic and @teebee288 could you explain a little more? I see "fuel" but can't find fuel cut delay...

Edit: nvm I got it

Last edited:

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Wow this is amazing! I had no idea rev hang was basically solved and then I see this floating around non-chalant.

@procivic and @teebee288 could you explain a little more? I see "fuel" but can't find fuel cut delay...

Edit: nvm I got it
Glad you were able to find it. You can experiment with different values to find the exact one that suits your needs. Basically, these values contain millisecond delays for how long the ECU should wait before totaling cutting fuel on overrun and letting the engine naturally take the RPMs down.

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad you were able to find it. You can experiment with different values to find the exact one that suits your needs. Basically, these values contain millisecond delays for how long the ECU should wait before totaling cutting fuel on overrun and letting the engine naturally take the RPMs down.

Is this only on Hondata or does KTuner have this as well?

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm guessing KTuner has this as well, but I haven't verified that. It is a pretty simple parameter to update.
I may be mistaken, but I think I am also talking to you on your Youtube channel lol (FlyinGato). if we use the base +6 map on the track, running 0w-40 oil, do you think we still run a risk of blowing the turbo on track days? I really don't want to do an oil cooler in this car, I'd like to one day do a straight pipe with a nice sounding muffler, lighter wheels (probably 17s) with stickier tires and better brakes.

Anyway, the tune seems to be the way to go, but I'm torn between Kturner and Hondata.

OpenRoads

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Here's how to have a lot more fun. It's like having a brand new car.

In this update we have:
  • Eliminated preprogrammed software boost lag (MT)
  • Given you full throttle shift (MT) - see video
  • Given you more ignition tables and boost tables to modify
  • Given you a + 9 Psi calibration for 226 hp and 255 torque
  • Given you control over VSA for better drag racing launches
The Civic has no bolt ons and was tuned with 91 Octane. More mid-range torque is possible with further boost tuning.

+_9_psi_tune.gif

Plus 9psi calibration.gif

Stock ECU
This datalog shows you what gear you are in, the boost, boost command and the throttle position. You can see that the boost tracks boost command very closely but it takes time to reach full boost. During this standard shift, manifold pressure drops to a vacuum.
Civic 17 MT stock shift.PNG

FlashPro with Full throttle shift
This datalog shows boost command at around 14 psi through the shift, with the lag reduced to around 0.35 seconds. This is mechanical lag, as the turbo slows when the fuel is cut during the shift. This log demonstrates 8 PSI more boost compared to the same time in the stock Civic. During a Hondata full throttle shift boost only drops to 4 psi, so it is much faster to spool.

Civic 17 MT full throttle shift.PNG
What benefits, if any, will be attained with a 2017 Civic touring sedan w/CVT?

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
The full throttle shifting only applies to manual transmission vehicles. On your CVT, there is no need for this. However, Hondata does provide torque limit control and a bunch of other features for CVT owners, includes of course the huge power gains from the free FlashPro tunes (basemaps).

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Drop by next week and take my 16 Touring Sedan with CVT for a drive around the block.
Can you ship your car to Oregon so I can take it for a spin around a few blocks? Maybe some back roads? :p

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, CVT does not use a traditional clutch like manual transmission vehicles.

Also, from our experience, even with the +6 PSI Hondata FlashPro basemap, the factory manual transmission clutch is fine. We haven't had it slip yet.
Wondering about how stock clutches are doing with +6 base maps? I have an Si with 3k miles and just got FlashPro. Only thing giving me pause is concern about clutch slip. See it mentioned more on KTuner thread, but wondering about experience with FP. One reason I went with FP is that +6 map seemed a bit more conservative. Thanks.

MrFowler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red Civic 1.5 Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wondering about how stock clutches are doing with +6 base maps? I have an Si with 3k miles and just got FlashPro. Only thing giving me pause is concern about clutch slip. See it mentioned more on KTuner thread, but wondering about experience with FP. One reason I went with FP is that +6 map seemed a bit more conservative. Thanks.
I had the same concerns as you. Applied the +6psi tune for as few miles no obvious issues. I now have the +9psi tune installed on my sport hatch. 4k on the clock no issues, no slipping clutch even with the full throttle changes.
The rest of the car is standard

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On my sport hatch with +9 tune my clutch is slipping in the middle to higher range rpms. I realize you have an Si and it might be different but me and many others have experienced some sort of clutch slip with the more aggressive basemaps tune. It is the same with people running ktuner. The clutch is the weak point in these cars.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Give it a shot. If you find the clutch slipping (or the wheels spinning) you can take advantage of the boost by gear option to reduce power in those areas as necessary. Last night I had to use this feature to reduce wheelspin in third gear. (no LSD)
Sponsored