Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's how to have a lot more fun. It's like having a brand new car.

In this update we have:
  • Eliminated preprogrammed software boost lag (MT)
  • Given you full throttle shift (MT) - see video
  • Given you more ignition tables and boost tables to modify
  • Given you a + 9 Psi calibration for 226 hp and 255 torque
  • Given you control over VSA for better drag racing launches
The Civic has no bolt ons and was tuned with 91 Octane. More mid-range torque is possible with further boost tuning.

Honda Civic 10th gen More fun: No Lift shift, boost lag eliminated, 226 HP, 255 tq calibration +_9_psi_tune

Honda Civic 10th gen More fun: No Lift shift, boost lag eliminated, 226 HP, 255 tq calibration Plus 9psi calibration

Stock ECU
This datalog shows you what gear you are in, the boost, boost command and the throttle position. You can see that the boost tracks boost command very closely but it takes time to reach full boost. During this standard shift, manifold pressure drops to a vacuum.
Honda Civic 10th gen More fun: No Lift shift, boost lag eliminated, 226 HP, 255 tq calibration Civic 17 MT stock shift.PNG

FlashPro with Full throttle shift
This datalog shows boost command at around 14 psi through the shift, with the lag reduced to around 0.35 seconds. This is mechanical lag, as the turbo slows when the fuel is cut during the shift. This log demonstrates 8 PSI more boost compared to the same time in the stock Civic. During a Hondata full throttle shift boost only drops to 4 psi, so it is much faster to spool.

Honda Civic 10th gen More fun: No Lift shift, boost lag eliminated, 226 HP, 255 tq calibration Civic 17 MT full throttle shift.PNG

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice. Hondata has came out swinging.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
We were lucky enough to be able to try these new FlashPro updates out on road course at Chuckwalla Raceway, and they are a huge improvements. First off, the car REALLY pulls now...the torque and overall powerband is amazing now. I was able to leave it in 3rd and 4th gear for most of the course. It really is like a new car in terms of performance. The main limiting factor are the stock tires, which we'll be replacing in about a week.

The no-lift (flat foot) shifting combined with the elimination of the factory turbo lag between shifts is also a big change. If you've driven both the manual and CVT models, you probably know that the CVT model "feels" faster at some points due to its near continuous delivery of power. With this FlashPro update, a manual transmission model will now deliver than same sort of continuous power feeling. I'm not sure how many of you saw the race between our 2017 EXT and our 2014 Civic Si, but I'm confident the 2017 EXT would have won if it was running this new version of the FlashPro. Here's the video for those that haven't seen it:

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will it be available on CVT as well?

Thanks!
I can't speak for Hondata, but I doubt it. It looks like they are trying to protect the CVT from the torque.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is what I thought too..So that means for now ktuner is better for CVT?
Eh, if so not because of this. The CVT just has to be taken care of if you want it to last, regardless of the tuning software. While exact details seem to be unknown, Hondata is the only company (as far as I know) that has pushed a CVT hard enough to damage it. They don't want yours ending up the same way.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:oops:guess us cvt owners will just sit and twiddle our thumbs, lol.

though its great for the manual guys:yes:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Nice work Doug. Makes me optimistic on what we'll see on the Si. :cool:

I know in the past we talked about cross-cylinder contamination being a limiting factor for increased power. Anything you're able to share here on how you were able to safely raise the ceiling?

MrFowler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red Civic 1.5 Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When will hondata be available in the UK for the 1.5t hatch?

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The + 9 psi tune was made on this new (500 miles) Civic 5 door hatch. The major limiting factor in this case is the turbo. AFM was flat at 169 g/s from 5500-6500 rpm. So, we are at the maximum turbo flow capacity. For this vehicle and the above power run, knock control was very flat - at 71-73% the entire power run. Higher octane and more ignition timing are worth exploring.
Sponsored

Last edited: