More Civic Type R Variants Are Coming!

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
This was exactly what the US has been brought to expect from the Type-R. More power, less options, less comforts, less weight.

The ITR was like that. it even had less sound-deadening. I'm surprised the new R has a nice sound system and things. I'd rather they left just 4 speakers, made it which ever body is lightest/stffer, take out some of the sound deadening, and made it as "hard core" as R used to be in the 00's.

I'm 35 and single. I'd still easily drive that all day long.
You could always remove that stuff easily enough to make a more track ready car.
Sponsored

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
There is rumor of a Type-R "Touring" I feel like the car they just released should be the Touring, and they should just release a stripped/less optioned version as Type-R

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I need a awd model bad cause in the snow fwd sucks
All my winter cars are FWD. Put snow tires on them...no issues, and I don't get stuck either. Also, my cars aren't lowered enough to be a snow plow.

axios77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Instead of new variants I wonder if Honda will offer new colors too. The Acura Integra Type R came in yellow. I am willing to wait to get the Civic Type R at msrp and by then if I have not purchase one and Honda does offer yellow, I will definitely go with that color over CW.

Callou2131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 HRV EX, 2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
That was a wonderful family that stopped that tried to help me out. Unfortunately for them, after they stopped and got out to help, their car slid down the hill and into a ditch. Since it was really my fault for it, I paid for their tow.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
This was exactly what the US has been brought to expect from the Type-R. More power, less options, less comforts, less weight.

The ITR was like that. it even had less sound-deadening. I'm surprised the new R has a nice sound system and things. I'd rather they left just 4 speakers, made it which ever body is lightest/stffer, take out some of the sound deadening, and made it as "hard core" as R used to be in the 00's.

I'm 35 and single. I'd still easily drive that all day long.
Agreed. Maybe the base 2018 will be like that. I don't need the subwoofer and the 12 speaker audio system, dual HVAC, sound deadening, etc.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
A Honda with AWD will almost certainly be called 'Acura.'

And comparisons to the DC2 ITR are difficult. The DC2 ITR was a homologation special that had a lot of hand work. It was also freakin' expensive - in today's dollars thousands more expensive than a CTR, Focus RS, Golf R, etc.
Sponsored