More black is better. Modified 2016 Civic in Rallye Red with black wheels + wing spoiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
how did you plasti-dip without getting any black on the exterior of the car?
Sponsored

OP
OP

AZCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
how did you plasti-dip without getting any black on the exterior of the car?
We got a lot of the plastidip on the exterior! but the great thing about pasti dip is that it peels off easily when its dried or you can rub it off.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Can someone tell me about this plastic dip stuff. Can a moron apply it?

futurehendrix

Intro about nothin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Camry XSE 2.5L, 16' Civic EX-L 1.5L TURBO
Ha thanks. What about vynal wrap Is that hard like tinting?
Plasti dip is easy to do, but you can still easily f it up. My very first time dipping, I sprayed a little too close and got "drippage"- which looks terrible when dried. I also, didn't manage how I sprayed ledges or downward slopes and got a lot of runoff. The key to plastidip is finding that "perfect" distance, and it also depends on the surface of where you're spraying. You do an extremely light coat on the first go round, and then you do roughlu 4-6 coats- the more you spray the stronger it is and the easier it comes off! My second time dipping worked out perfect as I saw where my flaws are. In order to prevent overspray- you need to mask the non-spray areas well. My first time I used $3 masking paper from H.D. and that stuff sucks! It tears easy and it dip can still bleed through. I now use "tape and drape", saves you loads of time when setting up and also protects your car! Dip is $6, get some dip and experiment! WD-40 makes it come off like soap on dirt, so no mistake is permanent!

I do not plan on dipping my Civic as of right now.

Dipped wheels on my Camry XSE
Honda Civic 10th gen More black is better. Modified 2016 Civic in Rallye Red with black wheels + wing spoiler 0122161250_zpszntmnykq

Dipped wheels w/ glossifier
Honda Civic 10th gen More black is better. Modified 2016 Civic in Rallye Red with black wheels + wing spoiler 0131161510_zpss7ur5oe

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
These are the rims. Cant find the exact measurements. They are 18' Drag rims with Falken tires! I am looking to replace the drag caps with red Honda caps.
Your size is posted on your tire..

ryjanpugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (White Orchid Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
awesome job! Did you have to take the grille out to pasti dip it? I'm planning on plasti-dipping my front grille as well. any tips? Thanks!

OP
OP

AZCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
awesome job! Did you have to take the grille out to pasti dip it? I'm planning on plasti-dipping my front grille as well. any tips? Thanks!
We did not take anything off! We use a lot of tape and sheets. It probably would have been a lot faster and easier if we would have taken the peices off but we were lazy. Let me know how it goes!

ryjanpugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We did not take anything off! We use a lot of tape and sheets. It probably would have been a lot faster and easier if we would have taken the peices off but we were lazy. Let me know how it goes!
Thanks for the advice! I've never plasti dipped anything before so it really helps. I will be sure use a lot of tape and sheets. Will post pics when I finish it. Thanks!

ryjanpugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
forgot to ask: how many cans of plasti dip did you need to do the grille?

sandtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Added some 18" wheels, painted the calipers and spayed some plastidip on my Son's new EX.

Spoiler is the OEM Honda Wing Soiler. Wheels are 18x8" Drag DR-67 Wheels, wrapped in Falken Pro G4 A/S Tires (245/40/18).

Turned out pretty good IMHO.

modified-2016-civic-red1.jpg

modified-2016-civic-red2.jpg

modified-2016-civic-red3.jpg

modified-2016-civic-red5.jpg

modified-2016-civic-red4.jpg
Your car looks amazing! I'm buying a white one and looking to do the same pretty much. How did you paint the calipers and what did you use for paint and such? Is your rear spoiler plastidipped? On your Drag wheels, is it flat black? Have you used that tire shine stuff before, if so does it mess with the flat black finish on the wheels? I assume anything chrome stock that is black on your car was plastidip?

Zinfiniti

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T (Sedan)
Country flag
I read through the post but just want to ask to confirm, is the offset on your wheels 47? Beautiful car btw!

OP
OP

AZCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Sorry for not responding earlier guys I don't get on the forums much. I'll try to answer all the questions quickly for you

Everything on the car that you see black was plastic dipped except for the window trim. We use carbon fiber 3M Dino's for the trim.

The wheel color is like a satin black. I do use the tire shine stuff on my tires but I don't mind any little bit of overspray on the wheels.

Repeated the calipers using the standard kit from AutoZone. It's really simple you just take off each we'll clean the caliber then paint the caliper. We did too thick coats and I don't even think we let it dry more than an hour. Keep in mind that I live in Arizona and it's pretty warm already
Honda Civic 10th gen More black is better. Modified 2016 Civic in Rallye Red with black wheels + wing spoiler ima

I'm pretty sure that the wheel offset is 47. I added a picture so you can see how much more of the wheels stick out vs stock.

Honda Civic 10th gen More black is better. Modified 2016 Civic in Rallye Red with black wheels + wing spoiler ima

This is the picture of the window trim with the 3M vinyl The light was really bad this morning so that's why the car looks kind of orange. You can also see some seamarks where we had to stop and start the vinyl as we only had 24 inch wide strips to use.

Hope this helps and can't wait to see your civics on the form