More 2022 pics

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
All in that link is why I went for a 21 while I still could. All love to the next generation and I'm sure it will perform well but it feels more like an Accord Type R than a Civic Type R - also that screen up on top of the dash is just a hard no for me.

r712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (FK8) | 2017 Fit (GK5)
Country flag
I seem to be in the minority of people who like the smooth lines of 11th gen hatch liftback body style. Not enough to trade in my type R (I'm holding onto this car forever), but I'm considering the non-R hatch or one of the new Integras for a daily.

The sedan looks too much like a Jetta though. I passed by one on the highway yesterday and had to do a double take on the honda badge.

midlyfecrysisFK8

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R (FK8) Boost Blue
Country flag
It is a Honda so it will be amazing in the performance and engineering departments. And I am sure it will have it's fans, and all the love to em! However, it looks to me that Honda overcorrected to the "too extreme" comments that were thrown at them about the gen 10. They will do what they do. Keep it around for 6 years or so and slowly change the styling with each year. I would not be surprised if comes back toward the more "extreme" side of things by the end of the gen.

carrot_chaser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
Country flag
I get why manufacturers mount those screen up high on the dash but I hate that location. I do like the wireless charging, wireless carplay and updated infotainment.

If I didnt already have a Type R, Id probably consider the 11th gen but so far it has not shown me enough to switch.

Also, they got rid of the huge storage in the center, just two cup holders now :(

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I get why manufacturers mount those screen up high on the dash but I hate that location. I do like the wireless charging, wireless carplay and updated infotainment.

If I didnt already have a Type R, Id probably consider the 11th gen but so far it has not shown me enough to switch.

Also, they got rid of the huge storage in the center, just two cup holders now :(
Honestly when I test sat in a 2022 Civic to see the interior that thing felt like it was RIGHT in my sightline. That's one of the main drivers for me to go for the 21 I can't stand massive screens all up in your face. My M2 has one mounted higher but it's a pretty small screen and not in the sightline like this one feels when you're in it. (at least to me, personally)

itsovr9k

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 S2000, 2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I would definitely move to the new model, if the opportunity presents itself. It's hard to be sure with the camo wrap, but the rear fender extensions appear to be smoothly integrated; substantially more than the current generation's design. In my opinion, it's a more cohesive design; which is more in line with the historical Honda design ethos.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
I like the new model. But ill wait until the last model year like i did this one and see if im still interested. Way things are going it will be an electric world by then, potentially.

this may be the last gas model with a move to electric or hybrid following. A type r that can accelerate like a tesla would be hard to not go for.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
It looks so boring. The smooth, conservative design was the hallmark of the doldrum late oughts and 2010s when Honda performance was in a slump. It was the tenth gen with daring styling that revived the Civic line from mediocrity. STILL, I would consider upgrading to the new one despite the boringness if it turns out to have the overheating issues solved in stock form.

Does anyone else feel like the tires look like 255 width?

jabberwocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla/Pilot/Tacoma
I like the new model. But ill wait until the last model year like i did this one and see if im still interested. Way things are going it will be an electric world by then, potentially.

this may be the last gas model with a move to electric or hybrid following. A type r that can accelerate like a tesla would be hard to not go for.
It will be heavy though. Lotus is trying to get a 3000 lb electric sports car out by 2025. That means a civic that is all electric civic which is based on a econo sedan will be way more. I think we see hybrid next. But the trade off for electric speed is handling at least at this time and the foreseeable future.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
It looks so boring. The smooth, conservative design was the hallmark of the doldrum late oughts and 2010s when Honda performance was in a slump. It was the tenth gen with daring styling that revived the Civic line from mediocrity. STILL, I would consider upgrading to the new one despite the boringness if it turns out to have the overheating issues solved in stock form.

Tires are 265 30 19

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
It was the tenth gen with daring styling that revived the Civic line from mediocrity. STILL, I would consider upgrading to the new one despite the boringness if it turns out to have the overheating issues solved in stock form.

You are giving the 10th gen more credit then it deserves IMO. The mediocracy of the 9th gen, which was more of a side step from the 8th than a step forward, made the leap to the 10th seem larger than it really was.

As for the 11th gen CTR, it looks cleaner then the 10th IMO. The wing kinda works and kinda doesn't? I'll need to see it in person to know for sure. Worse case, it will look fine with it deleted.

*The triple tip exhaust with the center tip being larger also looks a little strange.

The test car is apparently running 265/30/19.
Sponsored

Last edited: