Money shift

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not true. When I money shifted a few months ago it popped into to gear with zero hesitation. I wasn’t going all Toretto on it like you suggest.
Are you saying you were granny shifting and not double-clutching like you should?
Sponsored

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have never money shifted in my 37 years on this planet but right now when i was in high rpm in 3rd I pulled straight back and it went to 2nd. i was like WTF? No reason it should have gone to 2nd. Car felt like hitting the brakes but it is running fine all the knock levels are at .49. I assume I should be good!

Jakxc28

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have never money shifted in my 37 years on this planet but right now when i was in high rpm in 3rd I pulled straight back and it went to 2nd. i was like WTF? No reason it should have gone to 2nd. Car felt like hitting the brakes but it is running fine all the knock levels are at .49. I assume I should be good!
Any update on the car? How many miles have you gone since then and were you tuned at the time? I did something very similar about 10,000 miles ago and just got ktuner but I'm scared I might cause existing damage to blow the engine with tsp stage 1.

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any update on the car? How many miles have you gone since then and were you tuned at the time? I did something very similar about 10,000 miles ago and just got ktuner but I'm scared I might cause existing damage to blow the engine with tsp stage 1.
I have been fine since then. I am at around 19,000 miles and have full bolt ons and ethanol.

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I did just about the same thing a few weeks ago in my 2020 Si it was fine and I was bouncing off the limiter. If you need assurance pay a mechanic $100 to compression test the cylinders or if you happen to be in So Cal bring it by and Ill do it for you for nothing. Rev limits are not absolute thresholds you could push 10,000 RPM through a 1.5t at least for a short time before it gives up the ghost and rockers start flying through the valve cover.

Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I've almost money shifted numerous times. I've been really quick on hammering the clutch though thank goodness.
Sponsored