Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Could I possibly get in the 3oohp range with full bolt on and a dyno tune? I just realized I would probably need a clutch and install and thats like another 2k which is crazy.
Not without upgrading the turbocharger.

You may could get by without an upgraded clutch for a while with a careful tune but it would not really be recommended.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Not without upgrading the turbocharger.

You may could get by without an upgraded clutch for a while with a careful tune but it would not really be recommended.
What do you think is a good price to pay for a clutch and install? Clutches like 750 I think. Is there any way if I babied it that that stock clutch would hold up for a few months

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
What do you think is a good price to pay for a clutch and install? Clutches like 750 I think. Is there any way if I babied it that that stock clutch would hold up for a few months
your'e looking in the 800-1100$ range with the flywheel plus installation, which will vary but I would say averages about 400-500 for labor. I got my clutch and flywheel kit for 1050$ and paid 400$ labor for the install. So 1450$ total. Prices will vary from shop to shop and by which manufacturer you go with.

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
your'e looking in the 800-1100$ range with the flywheel plus installation, which will vary but I would say averages about 400-500 for labor. I got my clutch and flywheel kit for 1050$ and paid 400$ labor for the install. So 1450$ total. Prices will vary from shop to shop and by which manufacturer you go with.
thanks, $400 for labor seems like a good deal though. I really want someone to say that my clutch will probably hold up 6 months for me to get another =D

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
thanks, $400 for labor seems like a good deal though. I really want someone to say that my clutch will probably hold up 6 months for me to get another =D
It's just a gamble. I've heard the majority of our clutches won't hold much power over stock, mine didn't even hold being FBO and TSP stage 1. But I have heard from guys who are FBO Stage 2 (flex fuel) and still doing well with a stock clutch. But if you're thinking of upgrading the turbo, I'd definitely do the clutch first. I also got the email from RV6 for the discounted price on their turbo and tune, I think i'll pull the trigger soon.

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
It's just a gamble. I've heard the majority of our clutches won't hold much power over stock, mine didn't even hold being FBO and TSP stage 1. But I have heard from guys who are FBO Stage 2 (flex fuel) and still doing well with a stock clutch. But if you're thinking of upgrading the turbo, I'd definitely do the clutch first. I also got the email from RV6 for the discounted price on their turbo and tune, I think i'll pull the trigger soon.
I think I'm gonna go turbo first. Worse case I have my wife's car

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I think I'm gonna go turbo first. Worse case I have my wife's car
I pulled the trigger. I'm going to hope I got a lucky clutch. I've been running FBO on tsp map 3 occasionally redline. No slipping. Hopefully I'll get a few months at least. Otherwise what clutch should I get. Isn't there a new competition clutch?

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Woah. How do I get that email for the turbo and tune?

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Woah. How do I get that email for the turbo and tune?
When RV6 was asking for a tester car to test their 4 prototype turbos I had volunteered to let them use my car. I'm not 100% sure, but I think because I reached out to them about letting them use my car they sent me an invoice via email for a discounted turbo and custom tune before the turbo hits the shelves. I read the email half asleep so I could be assuming that's why, but thats what I got from it.

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I got ahold of them as soon as I knew they were working on one.

Lennysam

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si Coupe
Country flag
Definitely not. Upgrading the turbo is always a nice thing to do but wait until you can do it right with a proper tune for it.

FYI the factory bypass valve lets off boost pressure by design as one of several means of boost control with the factory ECU. We do not recommend replacing the factory bypass valve unless you are installing a turbo upgrade kit that requires it.
what happens if you are getting codes for a bypass valve? p0035?

Lennysam

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si Coupe
Country flag
Could I possibly get in the 3oohp range with full bolt on and a dyno tune? I just realized I would probably need a clutch and install and thats like another 2k which is crazy.
regular bolt ons should put u very to 300

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
So I am back to this thread. I did end up doing the upgraded turbo, tune by drob. Then the competition stage 2 clutch installed by honda including the kzcmc from eman and ss lines from prl. It is still not enough for me, so from what drob told me im reaching my knock limit of efficiency this little piece of shit 1.5l can handle excuse my annoyance. So I think at this point its either e85 or meth and now im leaning towards e85 since it seems you can tune for it it plug in the kit and either go fill up and run it or not. In meth if your pump fails or nozzle clogs your engine is fucked ... I am to broke for that shit happening to me.

Any input on making this thing faster thank you. I dont know what other mods to do. Someone told me about a wideband afr but thats not going to increase power. Then someone told me about changing the cam and building the head but I cant do that without building the bottom so now were talking about atleast 6 or 7k probably more. Which I do not have or else I would have bought the type r lol.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
So I am back to this thread. I did end up doing the upgraded turbo, tune by drob. Then the competition stage 2 clutch installed by honda including the kzcmc from eman and ss lines from prl. It is still not enough for me, so from what drob told me im reaching my knock limit of efficiency this little piece of shit 1.5l can handle excuse my annoyance. So I think at this point its either e85 or meth and now im leaning towards e85 since it seems you can tune for it it plug in the kit and either go fill up and run it or not. In meth if your pump fails or nozzle clogs your engine is fucked ... I am to broke for that shit happening to me.

Any input on making this thing faster thank you. I dont know what other mods to do. Someone told me about a wideband afr but thats not going to increase power. Then someone told me about changing the cam and building the head but I cant do that without building the bottom so now were talking about atleast 6 or 7k probably more. Which I do not have or else I would have bought the type r lol.
Why kind of numbers are you going for? I have FBO and W1 + FFK and I told my tuner this is my daily so I wanted to tune is very conservatively. I threw it on the dyno and it made 307/293. I’m still on stock tires so I still have to do the pedal dance in 2nd gear, but 2-3-4 pull hard and I really enjoy driving it a lot more.
the only thing I miss is the crackles and pops from the previous KTuner, but I’m almost inclined to believe that had more to do with removing the rev hang than the tune itself.

this was tuned on 93 + E40. Tuner said he thinks I could have easily made 330, but told me I’m risking things after that without built internals.
Sponsored