amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Can someone make a quick list of mods that one should do if tracking the CTR but I also don't want to make mods that will increase HP?
For example mods to improve overheating that won't give me more power but would put less wear and strain on engine.
Eventually I would get a tune, so at least I can have these mods in place when I tune it.
Sponsored

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Turbo blanket
Inlet pipe blanket
Intercooler (PRL using stock pipes)
Oil cooler
Mishimoto Secondary radiator
Vented hood
Grille with larger opening
——————
Lighter wheels = better acceleration and braking
Smaller wheels=cheaper tires
——————
Good fluids I.e. brake fluid, engine oil, and transmission fluid

Zed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6MT FK7 (Sold), 991.2 Carrera S, 3rd Gen Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Radiator, oil cooler, high quality oil changed more frequently with track use, and high quality brake fluid and pads for track use. Maybe integrating an oil pressure guage, not sure if the CTR comes stock with a sensor. Pretty much stated above

Hoobastnk90

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I mean if your tracking the car i mean its safe to say your going to cause more wear and tear. I mean those cooling mods are all good ideas but they are a bit expensive and none of them have really been proven to prevent the car from going into limp mode. At least i haven't come by any solid data thus far. I mean the cheapest mod is the driver if the car starts to get warm back off for a lap and let the cooling system catch up. I guess unless your running an actual timed event like time attack and then all your really looking for is one super fast lap anyways lol

OP
OP

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Thank for the fast responses. If I did an oil cooler, and I daily the car would the car run worse since oil temps will be cold all the time, or is that not how that works.??

Hoobastnk90

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The oil cooler difference is negligable from the posts that ive read. So the car will be fine with or without it.

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
most kits from what i seen have a built in thermostat in the sandwich adapter.

Thank for the fast responses. If I did an oil cooler, and I daily the car would the car run worse since oil temps will be cold all the time, or is that not how that works.??

REC13

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1999 Integra gsr, 2014 Mustang GT
Country flag
You won't notice any difference in the way the car runs with or without an oil cooler. The greddy and hks oil coolers have a thermostat in the sandwich plate and don't allow oil to flow until a certain oil temp is reached.

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
Speaking of oil temperature and pressure, does LogR provide true and accurate readings. I thought CTR did not have these sensors. Does the LogR use some kind of algorithm to determine pressure and temperature? Know these two data points is helpful in longevity.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Speaking of oil temperature and pressure, does LogR provide true and accurate readings. I thought CTR did not have these sensors. Does the LogR use some kind of algorithm to determine pressure and temperature? Know these two data points is helpful in longevity.
From what I understand the CTR does not have an oil temp sensor (but it does have a pressure sensor, since that’s what your oil light would be for). My understanding is that they are using oil pressure, temp, and other metrics that they do know to extrapolate the oil temp out. Realistically I can see this being very accurate so long as you’re using the OEM oil and haven’t changed the oil system (oil cooler for example).

EPSi2FKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Civic Type R, 2014 Lexus IS350
Country flag
Not sure if anyone said it yet but an oil catch can for longevity. I hear it’s a must in direct injection engine and I got 1 oz of black oil/gas mixture out of mine after 5000 miles.

I have a 2020 but yeah, LogR does give you oil temp and pressure.
Honda Civic 10th gen Mods that will improve longevity but not increase performance F0BB78A7-B633-4DBA-94EA-8669C8E04AD7

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
C&R Radiator
C&R intercooler
HKS/GReddy Oil cooler
Radium Catch can