tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I am in new york, just like other posters. They are pretty strict here. If anyone from new york has actually passed with it that would be great to know. I have a tune as well. I do know in order to have a chance to pass, all readiness monitors need to be active and set.
I only mentioned it since according to this:

STREET DOWNPIPE CONTAINS 49-STATE LEGAL CATALYTIC CONVERTER
If I'm not mistaken the 1 state that is not included in that 49 is actually California since they do have the strictest requirements for emissions of any state. Actually, that state alone tends to dictate the emissions requirements for all the cars in the US as most manufacturers don't want to go around making CA models and non-CA models for the USDM.

Edit: but again, I re-emphasize that it's best to ask PRL to confirm.
Sponsored

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
true, as long as it can pass visual, the area of concern really is the readiness monitors meaning the sensors can't be disabled in the tune.

REC13

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1999 Integra gsr, 2014 Mustang GT
Country flag
FK8 ECU is just a tad bit more sensitive than a DC2's ECU ?
Believe I understand the difference. I was just stating my experience with the non foulers.
State of TX does not worry rear O2 monitors being NA or not monitored during an emissions test for OBD vehicles. The inspection computer just glazes over that part.

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si coupe
Country flag
I passed in New York I’m from Long Island and had no problems I have a defouler on my downpipe and my ktuner was set to enabled for the 02.

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
While were on the topic, I was wondering if anyone knows in CA if running Hondata with the RV6 Catted DP would pass? Im not worried about the visual, just the rest. Im debating going with that DP, but I would not want to have to swap it out to OEM DP every other year.

blayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2020 CTR (RIP)
Country flag
While were on the topic, I was wondering if anyone knows in CA if running Hondata with the RV6 Catted DP would pass? Im not worried about the visual, just the rest. Im debating going with that DP, but I would not want to have to swap it out to OEM DP every other year.
Ignoring visual, which you would fail unequivocally (if caught), the word on the street is you would fail if your ECU is flashed. Is your hondata the CA legal one?

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
There’s no way for them to see if you’re flashed, at least not on this ECU. Not even the dealers can. Need specialized Bosch hardware and software. (Or a flashpro)

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
Ignoring visual, which you would fail unequivocally (if caught), the word on the street is you would fail if your ECU is flashed. Is your hondata the CA legal one?
No its not the “legal” version. I’m thinking that so long as the monitors are all enabled and there is no CEL then it would be good. I could also flash back to stock map if the RV6 Catted DP wouldn’t throw a CEL I’m thinking.
Sponsored