First Name
Ehud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Hi,
Wondering what mods can i do which will pass snifter emissions test, and how much HP and torque can I expect to gain?
In my country they do snifter tests, visual tests and also look for check engine lights. After 12 years of hassle with my moded Miata I'm sick and tired of finding work arounds. Just want to take the annual test and pass like a normal human being ?
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Should just grab a Hondata and tune it if you’ve got visual and sniffer inspection. You can get a good 40-50 more horsepower on the basemaps.

Only part that causes you to fail emissions and set a check engine light is the downpipe, but a visual will screw you up too.

OP
OP

udihamudi65

First Name
Ehud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Should just grab a Hondata and tune it if you’ve got visual and sniffer inspection. You can get a good 40-50 more horsepower on the basemaps.

Only part that causes you to fail emissions and set a check engine light is the downpipe, but a visual will screw you up too.
Thanks. They don't care much about after market intakes, intercoolers, exhausts etc. as long as you have all the cats running properly, you don't fail the emission sniffer test and you don't have any check engine lights on.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

Put the heatshields back in place, and its virtually impossible to tell if a downpipe is installed.

OP
OP

udihamudi65

First Name
Ehud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Put the heatshields back in place, and its virtually impossible to tell if a downpipe is installed.
But i still need to pass the sniffer so catless downpipe is not an option I guese.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
But i still need to pass the sniffer so catless downpipe is not an option I guese.
Will a high-flow catted DP pass your sniffer test? The power gains going catless to high flow catted isn't huge (like 5-10 HP if memory serves).

OP
OP

udihamudi65

First Name
Ehud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Will a high-flow catted DP pass your sniffer test? The power gains going catless to high flow catted isn't huge (like 5-10 HP if memory serves).
I really don't know. Do they pass in US sniffer tests? Guess if they pass there they'll pass here.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sniffer is the concern, I don't know if a high flow can pass that, especially if they do it after the car was sitting for a little bit.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Sniffer is the concern, I don't know if a high flow can pass that, especially if they do it after the car was sitting for a little bit.
I have no idea either. Wisconsin got rid of sniffer tests decades ago and now only relies on OBD readiness.

OP
OP

udihamudi65

First Name
Ehud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Seems reasonable. So I guess I'm looking at everything besides downpipe. How much gain can I expect?

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Seems reasonable. So I guess I'm looking at everything besides downpipe. How much gain can I expect?
With the stock downpipe you're probably looking at only 40-60whp more over stock unless you run ethanol. It's the biggest restriction.

OP
OP

udihamudi65

First Name
Ehud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
With the stock downpipe you're probably looking at only 40-60whp more over stock unless you run ethanol. It's the biggest restriction.
Thanks!

REC13

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1999 Integra gsr, 2014 Mustang GT
Country flag
PRL stated their catted down pipe is 49 state legal. With that said I would assume the catted down pipe would pass needed emissions tests. Especially with a tune you should be good to go.

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
PRL stated their catted down pipe is 49 state legal. With that said I would assume the catted down pipe would pass needed emissions tests. Especially with a tune you should be good to go.
Would California be that 50th state where it’s not?

OP
OP

udihamudi65

First Name
Ehud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
great!
Sponsored