Mods optimised for drag racing and straight-line acceleration?

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 FK8, ā€˜19 XC60 R-Design, ā€˜17 ZL1, ā€˜02 SS
Country flag
I quoted 300 HP because that's the stock Type R number, but you pointing out that a brand new, stock Mustang GT or Camaro SS (to say nothing of the hotter versions) is putting down way more power than that to the rear wheels only furthers the point I'm making that this is a waste of money.

I'm sure you could manage to drive your 600 HP, steel rod stiff, radial shod Civic Type R in the rain on the interstate but I hope it's nowhere near me.
Is it a waste of money if he enjoys it?

Iā€™m not going to derail this guys thread in a pissing contest with you about me and my cars.

Thereā€™s a difference between driving around in the rain, ā€œradial shodā€ (lol whatever that means) and ā€œunstreetableā€. *Laughs in Drag Week*

It sounds like youā€™re just being negative.
Sponsored

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Lol Iā€™ve read the whole post , a lot of comment very funny.
You can build the type R any way you want it .. this is the good part of this car , is amazing ! , you like street racing? This car is very capable , you like drag racing on the track ? Yes this car can make 10 seconds , you love road corse? This is the best car for that.
This is not like the old cars , like you mod and put some cams and the car become a monster you canā€™t drive anymore on the streets . This car has a great technology, is very lightweight, has a great suspension design, and the motor you can tune and have at the same time a car for do groceries or go to the track , you can manage the power per gear etc.
My recommendation is get some cooling mods first , wrap any part who generate heat like turbo ( blanket ) downpipe , try to isolate intake hoses from the heat , you can wrap the intake box , etc,
Bolts on : this will give you peak power without spend money like crazy.
Downpipe
Intercooler
Water meth kit .
all this always with any tuning solution .
the. You will need a good tires for out the power down .
The rest is just the right adjustments,

you donā€™t need to spend more money in other parts .
That will give you easy 400 whp .
This is my recommendation for drag racing , now if you decided to do track or be more consistent on the power is another story, that is more complex and expensive .

with all this Iā€™m not saying you will make 10 seconds but you should be able to make under 12 with no problems .
That is my opinion.

JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2015 Silverado, 2007 Rabbit
Country flag
Just half-kidding here...
For the costs of all those mods for better off the line speeds someone should create a small electric and KERS system that sits in the spare wheel-well.
Hear me out --- let's face it - off the line a 1998 Saturn will kick the R's ass.
Imagine if you could retrofit the rear suspension to add a gear drive off a motor.
Just enough power to get her up and going... in maybe half the time it takes now.
It would run up to when the engine hits its sweet spot and then stop.
Recharge off the rear brakes and trickle just a little power coming out of a corner.
Now that would make the R amazing!
I'd rather drop $10,000 on that than all the other half-baked stuff that will ruin the engine in 30,000 miles...

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Just half-kidding here...
For the costs of all those mods for better off the line speeds someone should create a small electric and KERS system that sits in the spare wheel-well.
Hear me out --- let's face it - off the line a 1998 Saturn will kick the R's ass.
Imagine if you could retrofit the rear suspension to add a gear drive off a motor.
Just enough power to get her up and going... in maybe half the time it takes now.
It would run up to when the engine hits its sweet spot and then stop.
Recharge off the rear brakes and trickle just a little power coming out of a corner.
Now that would make the R amazing!
I'd rather drop $10,000 on that than all the other half-baked stuff that will ruin the engine in 30,000 miles...
Not quite sitting in the spare tire area, rather replaces your rear seats... But this exists. I think it's not cheap though, and I'm not a fan of the looks.

Edit: probably not for sale to be honest.

JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2015 Silverado, 2007 Rabbit
Country flag
Not quite sitting in the spare tire area, rather replaces your rear seats... But this exists. I think it's not cheap though, and I'm not a fan of the looks.

Edit: probably not for sale to be honest.
I fall asleep each night safe in the thought that somewhere in Japan a young Honda engineer is thinking along the same lines. What a car that would be! Imagine that little tiny tweak of smooth power delivery rationed out to each rear wheel independently as you exit a corner at the track! Imagine a car that was as good off the line as it is over 2500 RPM.

OP
OP
NoBonyInjury

NoBonyInjury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R GT 2.0L VTEC Turbo (FK8)
Country flag
I dragged mine at santa pod near you (I presume your in Milton Keynes) last august and couldn't get it below 14 secs, but it was great fun still. Got destroyed off the lights by 4wd stuff but reeled a few in. Can't wait for it to open again
Yea - Santa Pod is my local place.

As a relative newbie to FK8s, it would be awesome if you knew of any meet-ups or stuff along those lines. Especially with summer coming up

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Get anything you can that is rear wheel drive and can be affordably engine swapped. Buy it, swap in a LS motor and built automatic. Add sticky tires and a small shot of nitrous.
Sponsored