OP
OP

Ezil71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic sport touring
Country flag
I understand the nut behind the wheel. Totally agree.

I disagree that they aren’t advisable for a daily driver when done thoughtfully. Plenty of benefits from getting the car to go where you point it when neutrally balanced. That’s why I tried the si bar first. Will be good to see the difference with the whiteline 22 and a dc strut bar.
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I understand the nut behind the wheel. Totally agree.

I disagree that they aren’t advisable for a daily driver when done thoughtfully. Plenty of benefits from getting the car to go where you point it when neutrally balanced. That’s why I tried the si bar first. Will be good to see the difference with the whiteline 22 and a dc strut bar.
My point is, the threshold at which this will make a difference is at speeds that are demonstrably unsafe on public roads. (if dashcams existed when I was 18, I could show you) Otherwise it's just throwing money into making the car more uncomfortable.

OP
OP

Ezil71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic sport touring
Country flag
I disagree with you on that. Even at low speeds a properly matched rear sway improves feel and response greatly. I have a lot of experience with different setups on my wrx, just getting started with my civic.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I disagree with you on that. Even at low speeds a properly matched rear sway improves feel and response greatly. I have a lot of experience with different setups on my wrx, just getting started with my civic.
I never said it would change the feel; I said that the performance benefits go outside the scope of reasonably safe public driving. I got my EP set up well enough that it handled great — but any time away from the autox course, which was 99.998% of the time, it was just harsher and louder, and never had a chance to really stretch its legs.

StevenGregory

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
You got it all wrong. by upgrading rear sway bar you decreasing under-steering, rear end slide out when you left off gas correcting under-steer, by upgrading the front before the rear you actually increasing under-steer. Only Honda S2000 & RWD car upgrade the front sway bay first to decrease over-steering and snap-steer, vice versa.
I agree with what you say about the rear-end coming around if you lift off the gas or nail the brakes, but the original post said only that he wanted to obtain neutral handling.If the car is under-steering at the limit in a steady state corner, tightening the rear-end to the pavement is going to make it worse.

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I agree with what you say about the rear-end coming around if you lift off the gas or nail the brakes, but the original post said only that he wanted to obtain neutral handling.If the car is under-steering at the limit in a steady state corner, tightening the rear-end to the pavement is going to make it worse.
Rear sway bars do not provide more grip, they link the rear wheels together. Barracks explained this earlier.

You're really not going to notice it until you're going fast enough that the car starts to slide mid-corner.

What a sway bar does is couple the left and right wheels together. The side effect is that as the outer wheel gets pushed upwards, the inside end of the swaybar wants to also push the inside wheel upwards, too -- which reduces total grip at that end of the car.
This reduction in grip at the rear results in a reduction in understeer tendency, and increases the likelihood for rotation. That being said, I still agree that these changes are only really noticeable when you're pushing the car unsafely. I don't notice any of my handling modifications until I'm driving hard or at HDPEs, and can confirm this after driving non-modified cars; they just make my car a harsher ride unless I want to floor it on turns and ramps.

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
Had the Whiteline Front End Links installed today.
Only drove it a short distance.
Steering takes a bit more effort to move from centre, kind of like when increasing the offset.
Front feels more solid. Have to drive it more to see by how much. Some off camber corners would be handy to evaluate...
Being stiffer they definitely make the sway bar work harder.

With my Si springs I think I ended up adjusting them about 1/4" shorter than the stock ones. Hope I got that right...

OP
OP

Ezil71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic sport touring
Country flag
Just to update my experience. I now have the si rear bar and the dc sports strut tower bar.

The addition of the dc bar really helps balance out the car with the si rear bar. Much more neutral. I was going to add the whiteline 22 mm rear bar, but unless I end up going with different springs in the future, I can tell that would be too much on stock springs.

I might add whiteline front links at some point, or if stay stock on the springs, go to a type r bar Or equivalent.

really nice improvement from just the si bar and dc strut bar, I think for a daily driver for anyone not comfortable with any over steer It’s a good setup.

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just to update my experience. I now have the si rear bar and the dc sports strut tower bar.

The addition of the dc bar really helps balance out the car with the si rear bar. Much more neutral. I was going to add the whiteline 22 mm rear bar, but unless I end up going with different springs in the future, I can tell that would be too much on stock springs.

I might add whiteline front links at some point, or if stay stock on the springs, go to a type r bar Or equivalent.

really nice improvement from just the si bar and dc strut bar, I think for a daily driver for anyone not comfortable with any over steer It’s a good setup.
Looks like it worked great for you.
After installing the front links I can tell that they have a bigger impact reducing
load on the outer wheel when cornering and general front solidity compared to the strut bar.

NorrinRadd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Manual 1.5T, KTuner + TSP1
Country flag
Sorry to threadjack... I'd like to order the Whiteline RSB & front end links; is there a preferred seller to buy them from? I was gonna get from redline360 but can't find the end links on their site for 10th gen Civic, only the RSB

EDIT: nevermind, found everything on kseriesparts.com

Last edited:

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry to threadjack... I'd like to order the Whiteline RSB & front end links; is there a preferred seller to buy them from? I was gonna get from redline360 but can't find the end links on their site for 10th gen Civic, only the RSB
I'm in Canada so I bought them from ebay. The seller is from California.

macrossranma

First Name
macross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI
Country flag
Not sure if anyone mentioned on this thread already. Remove the front suspension guide pin and it will increase your front negative camber by about 0.4. its not huge but definitely very noticable improvement, and its free.

macrossranma

First Name
macross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI
Country flag
Also stock endlinks are weak broke mine (front) during autox and upgraded with white lines (i still have stock front sway bar). White lines are much more solid construction

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure if anyone mentioned on this thread already. Remove the front suspension guide pin and it will increase your front negative camber by about 0.4. its not huge but definitely very noticable improvement, and its free.
Will this cause any uneven tire wear?

macrossranma

First Name
macross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI
Country flag
This may cause the inside of the front tires wear a little faster (if any at all, since the adjustment is really minor)
Sponsored