OP
OP

Ezil71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic sport touring
Country flag
Completely agree on the bigger than Si RSB. I have the Type R sway bar installed and I'm very happy.

Not sure how this chassis feels with a 22 mm bar but on my other car it can get a bit hairy on quick lane changes on the Hwy... Other than that is great.
I’m not looking for snap oversteer though.

From what I’ve read even the type R bar gets to that so a 22 is on the dangerous side even more.

Sounds to me I really need a 19 mm or 19.5 mm solid bar, just a bit more than the si and a little less than the type R.

I haven’t seen any that spec though.
Sponsored

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Suspect People recommend SI RSB never really use one or, they are happy with it and never try other size. I bought the SI bar per recommendations on the forum and turned out to be fairly lamed, only slight improvement.

Bought a Whiteline 22mm. Its substantially better. It has two settings, soft setting would be close to TypeR, but I elect the stiff setting and I am happy on that. Rear sway links also changed to Accord end links for longer life.

I also installed front links from Whiteline but I am in the tail end on installing Koyorad and 27Won FMIC, so I am excited to see if the Whitelind front links helps.

I also install SI springs, that is a nice addition all without harness and the drop is just right.

Best handling improvement came from combo Rays 57CR and Michelin S4S for me.
Following a near week worth of driving to confirm whether the front Whiteline front links contributes to enhance handling. YES, along with the 22mm rear, very nice noticeable balance.

With the exception of possible better after market F/R struts and shocks in the future , I am satisfied with the suspension the way it is. It is not anywhere near my modded C6 Corvette, but it is what it is, handling wise, combined suspension part has substantially transformed Hatch for the better.

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Following a near week worth of driving to confirm whether the front Whiteline front links contributes to enhance handling. YES, along with the 22mm rear, very nice noticeable balance.

With the exception of possible better after market F/R struts and shocks in the future , I am satisfied with the suspension the way it is. It is not anywhere near my modded C6 Corvette, but it is what it is, handling wise, combined suspension part has substantially transformed Hatch for the better.
How hard are those front links to install? I know the whole front bar is quite a chore, dropping the subframe and all.

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
How hard are those front links to install? I know the whole front bar is quite a chore, dropping the subframe and all.
Quite easy, although redundant.
After jacked up wheels remove OEM, install new Links only on top position, reinstall wheels, need to have wheels on ground and suspension settled, while sway bar is without load to connect links. My wife sat on driver seat + a few bar bell weight to equal my weight, after, Link hook up, adjust and install lower nut hand tighten is easily done by reaching from front of wheel while wheels are on ground. Follow by jacking up front wheels, remove wheels and final torque. Reinstall wheels and you're good to go!

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
I’m not looking for snap oversteer though.

From what I’ve read even the type R bar gets to that so a 22 is on the dangerous side even more.

Sounds to me I really need a 19 mm or 19.5 mm solid bar, just a bit more than the si and a little less than the type R.

I haven’t seen any that spec though.
I really can't see what one can do on the street to induce snap oversteer with the Type R bar.
I drove mine through the winter and never experienced anything crazy.

OP
OP

Ezil71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic sport touring
Country flag
I really can't see what one can do on the street to induce snap oversteer with the Type R bar.
I drove mine through the winter and never experienced anything crazy.
throttle lift at the wrong time on an off ramp or quick maneuver on the highway especially in the rain

I spent a lot of time getting my wrx balanced, tried a lot of combination, so I’m pretty familiar with the feeling of balanced or too much one way or the other

i will be putting accord rear links in too

do the front accord links fit too or just the rear?

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
throttle lift at the wrong time on an off ramp or quick maneuver on the highway especially in the rain

I spent a lot of time getting my wrx balanced, tried a lot of combination, so I’m pretty familiar with the feeling of balanced or too much one way or the other

i will be putting accord rear links in too

do the front accord links fit too or just the rear?
I only have the rear. It'd nice to find out about the front ones....

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Would you be able to give some details about how is the improvement with the Whiteline front links?
Do they reduce the wobble for the mid corner unevenness?

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Would you be able to give some details about how is the improvement with the Whiteline front links?
Do they reduce the wobble for the mid corner unevenness?
With stock front links, front end lean during cornering appears to having a rather soft impression. Where Whiteline, following the corning initiation, induce the without a doubt "solid feeling". Whiteline links is constructed with combination of steel rod ends having left/right hand threads, connected to solid large hex aluminum stock, where OEM is a simple long cast piece of slim aluminum. That is where the difference lays and Whiteline's physical attribute enable to magnify effectiveness of OEM front bar.

Near week long multiple test drive had exposure to avoid road debris at over 70+ with sudden quick corrections, as well as repeated high speed 180 off ramps all without drama. Hatch just settles and goes where I point it. Personally, as well as my wife, found the 22mm rear bar and front links combination satisfying.

But, bear in mind, connecting to the road, I am using Gramslight 57CR 18x8.5+37 and wearing stock size Michelin PS4S. These combination also plays an important factor in overall handling improvement.

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With stock front links, front end lean during cornering appears to having a rather soft impression. Where Whiteline, following the corning initiation, induce the without a doubt "solid feeling". Whiteline links is constructed with combination of steel rod ends having left/right hand threads, connected to solid large hex aluminum stock, where OEM is a simple long cast piece of slim aluminum. That is where the difference lays and Whiteline's physical attribute enable to magnify effectiveness of OEM front bar.

Near week long multiple test drive had exposure to avoid road debris at over 70+ with sudden quick corrections, as well as repeated high speed 180 off ramps all without drama. Hatch just settles and goes where I point it. Personally, as well as my wife, found the 22mm rear bar and front links combination satisfying.

But, bear in mind, connecting to the road, I am using Gramslight 57CR 18x8.5+37 and wearing stock size Michelin PS4S. These combination also plays an important factor in overall handling improvement.
Sounds great, thanks for the detailed review.
Hope I'll feel some improvement. I'm using the same tire on light wheels though the offset is not that much...
If not it must be the LX shocks.

OP
OP

Ezil71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic sport touring
Country flag
For the install of the whiteline, would doing it on ramps solve the preload difficulty?

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I’m running whiteline 24mm Front & 26mm Rear and I love the way the car handle on some sticky 200 treadwear tires

Honda Civic 10th gen Mods for neutral handling 7A8D0928-FDC2-48D3-A0EA-22832AF59007

Honda Civic 10th gen Mods for neutral handling E535D9AF-6496-4BB0-AEF7-B984A7594E7C

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I’m running whiteline 24mm Front & 26mm Rear and I love the way the car handle on some sticky 200 treadwear tires

7A8D0928-FDC2-48D3-A0EA-22832AF59007.jpeg

E535D9AF-6496-4BB0-AEF7-B984A7594E7C.jpeg
Very nice set up.

The thing I like Whiteline sway bar is they offer choice in setting.

So I see you use the soft setting on the front.

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Very nice set up.

The thing I like Whiteline sway bar is they offer choice in setting.

So I see you use the soft setting on the front.
Yeah I went soft setting up front and full stiff in rear.
Sponsored