Cartman417

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes C43
Country flag
Have a cvt 2017 sport touring.
Right now it has drop in k&n
And cat cut off to open up exhaust flow some.

I want the cvt to last as long as possible so I’m very Leary of going with any tuner even on lowest setting.

So I’m wondering without a tune is it beneficial at all to add the 2 aftermarket pipes? Or would a tune be needed if making that change
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
This topic has been beaten to death. If you don’t drive like a complete moron. A tune isn’t going to do shit and ruin your car. Flash your car and call it a day.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Have a cvt 2017 sport touring.
Right now it has drop in k&n
And cat cut off to open up exhaust flow some.

I want the cvt to last as long as possible so I’m very Leary of going with any tuner even on lowest setting.

So I’m wondering without a tune is it beneficial at all to add the 2 aftermarket pipes? Or would a tune be needed if making that change
What pipes are you talking about ? I’m sure you didn’t actually cut out your cat.. there’s no power to be made from an exhaust. Downpipe yes, you’ll likely get a engine light and need a tuner to clear it.
Just get a ktuner and don’t look back

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Tunes are basically safe as long as you drive like a non-maniac. And something like a Stage 1 or Starter 18 will make your car much more fun with little added stress.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Tunes are basically safe as long as you drive like a non-maniac. And something like a Stage 1 or Starter 18 will make your car much more fun with little added stress.
What constitutes as non-maniac? Like never redlining your car?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Maniac: Constantly power launching, miss-shifting, anti-lag flames shooting out etc...

Non-maniac: You certainly can go to redline all you want.

It's a question of respecting the fact you have a lot more power than Honda intended.

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
I have a prl dp/fp combo catless, greddy exhaust, prl intake with race maf running stage 2 ktuner....no issues for over a year I've been running it.

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Get a tune and don't drive like you're in a race car. You'll have your power when you need it and won't really be hurting your car or gas milage when you're not. It's quite literally the easiest mod you can do without doing much at all. Exhaust, etc. Isn't going to give you much power.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Get a tune and don't drive like you're in a race car. You'll have your power when you need it and won't really be hurting your car or gas milage when you're not. It's quite literally the easiest mod you can do without doing much at all. Exhaust, etc. Isn't going to give you much power.
Can confirm. 18 sport hatch CVT with 21psi tune. I don't come close to redline, don't launch, but I have the power when I need it. Makes the car a lot of fun, currently at 34mpg on current tank with about 50/50 city/hwy driving. I usually average 30-36mpg depending on how frisky I get with the throttle on city streets

JKessler

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We went with the PRL Cobra CAI Race MAF and KTuner with TSP Stage 1 tune and are stoked with the results!
Sponsored