rmw_1217

First Name
Rebekah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex tL
Country flag
Hi Everyone - Just bought my first car (Honda Civic Ex tL - mainly due to what I can afford right now). I am wanting to learn everything I can and was curious as to what mods I can do on my car to make it look "sportier" if anyone is willing to give me some cool ideas. Very much appreciated!! Attached is what my car looks like now :) So far, I tinted my windows and going to replace the chrome on my front grille to black. I am thinking about replacing the mirror caps to carbon fiber and tint the markers.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mods for Honda Civic Ex tL? IMG_7337
Sponsored

jorus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Hi Everyone - Just bought my first car (Honda Civic Ex tL - mainly due to what I can afford right now). I am wanting to learn everything I can and was curious as to what mods I can do on my car to make it look "sportier" if anyone is willing to give me some cool ideas. Very much appreciated!! Attached is what my car looks like now :) So far, I tinted my windows and going to replace the chrome on my front grille to black. I am thinking about replacing the mirror caps to carbon fiber and tint the markers.

IMG_7337.jpg
Personally I think the tenth gen civics all look pretty sporty! There are lots of cheaper mods, available... I'd honestly suggest just browsing this forum especially the sub forum for cosmetic stuff - Interior / Exterior. See what you like! Spoilers, wheels are the common ones I'd say, you can wrap parts, etc.

A cheap one I like is the Turbo decal like the Canada models have :p

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Rebekah, I've done quite a bit of modding of my EX-L for performance, handling and looks, inside and out. It's a lot of fun and somewhat addicting.

Here are a few that will sport up your car's look. For example, I added some Salusy exhaust tips. Used a combination of gloss black and gloss carbon overlays for my front end and jazzed up the sides with carbon fiber B&C Pillar covers. Those mods cost about $350 total and made a huge difference over the stock look.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mods for Honda Civic Ex tL? Untitled 1

Honda Civic 10th gen Mods for Honda Civic Ex tL? grilles1z

Honda Civic 10th gen Mods for Honda Civic Ex tL? pillars1a

Wheels are an expensive mod but probably the one thing that changes your car's looks more than any other mod. BTW, one of the best place to get modding ideas are the member garages here.

Last edited:

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Wheels, Suspension Drop, De-chrome maybe a grill swap to gloss black (there are several styles of grilles depending on what you are into), you already got the tint done anything else available for the body's looks tacky to me, short of swapping to the SI front and rear bumpers, but thats kinda pricey to do.

OP
OP
rmw_1217

rmw_1217

First Name
Rebekah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex tL
Country flag
Personally I think the tenth gen civics all look pretty sporty! There are lots of cheaper mods, available... I'd honestly suggest just browsing this forum especially the sub forum for cosmetic stuff - Interior / Exterior. See what you like! Spoilers, wheels are the common ones I'd say, you can wrap parts, etc.

A cheap one I like is the Turbo decal like the Canada models have :p
Can you send me a link to the turbo decal's you are talking about?

OP
OP
rmw_1217

rmw_1217

First Name
Rebekah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex tL
Country flag
Wheels, Suspension Drop, De-chrome maybe a grill swap to gloss black (there are several styles of grilles depending on what you are into), you already got the tint done anything else available for the body's looks tacky to me, short of swapping to the SI front and rear bumpers, but thats kinda pricey to do.
What are some nice wheels you would suggest that would look pretty cool? I just purchased a glossy black top grill to replace the chrome and installing it tomorrow. Thanks!

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
What are some nice wheels you would suggest that would look pretty cool? I just purchased a glossy black top grill to replace the chrome and installing it tomorrow. Thanks!
wheels are one of those things thats up to the individual, I just ordered a set of 19" Konig Ampliform's myself (they are on back order for like a month, so it's gonna be a while before I get pictures), I personally don't think wheels are worth doing unless you are sizing up and i've never gone less then 2 sizes up over factory personally (so like if you have 16's I've never done less then 18's, hell my SUV I went 22's, but I like big wheels with smaller sidewalls that are still factory tire diameter/circumfrence), there are many threads in the wheels and tires section of this forum where you can go look at all the different wheels and different offsets (how far the wheel sticks out) guys are running to see if you find one you like to copy

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
rmw_1217

rmw_1217

First Name
Rebekah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex tL
Country flag

OP
OP
rmw_1217

rmw_1217

First Name
Rebekah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex tL
Country flag
wheels are one of those things thats up to the individual, I just ordered a set of 19" Konig Ampliform's myself (they are on back order for like a month, so it's gonna be a while before I get pictures), I personally don't think wheels are worth doing unless you are sizing up and i've never gone less then 2 sizes up over factory personally (so like if you have 16's I've never done less then 18's, hell my SUV I went 22's, but I like big wheels with smaller sidewalls that are still factory tire diameter/circumfrence), there are many threads in the wheels and tires section of this forum where you can go look at all the different wheels and different offsets (how far the wheel sticks out) guys are running to see if you find one you like to copy
When you get them and put on, definitely post a pic!

jorus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-BLACK-Turbo-for-16-2016-Honda-Civic-Car-Decal-Vinyl-Sticker-Canada/192157898923?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I got these here, they're nice vinyl decals, I think other places make them but I had good luck with these.

As a tip for installing them, measure carefully where you want them, and mark on your car with painters tape (the blue tape) where you want them. Make sure they're level or you'll hate yourself forever each time you see them. (They do peel off cleanly though.)

To apply them, take off the film that protects the side that applies to the car, apply the decal EVENLY pushing the vinyl sticker decals into the car. Use a credit card or ID (I used an old drivers license) rub the decals in good, getting rid of air bubbles. Then peel off the backing, fixing with the ID against the backing as you go.

I ended up screwing it up once, but at this price, I just ordered backups. :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Mods for Honda Civic Ex tL? TURBOOMG

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sweet! Can you post a pic of what it looks like on your car so I can get an idea
I don't have any straight on shots like @jorus posted up, but here's mine. I paid a bit extra to get it cut on reflective white vinyl
Honda Civic 10th gen Mods for Honda Civic Ex tL? eFUIeVv

OP
OP
rmw_1217

rmw_1217

First Name
Rebekah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex tL
Country flag
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-BLACK-Turbo-for-16-2016-Honda-Civic-Car-Decal-Vinyl-Sticker-Canada/192157898923?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I got these here, they're nice vinyl decals, I think other places make them but I had good luck with these.

As a tip for installing them, measure carefully where you want them, and mark on your car with painters tape (the blue tape) where you want them. Make sure they're level or you'll hate yourself forever each time you see them. (They do peel off cleanly though.)

To apply them, take off the film that protects the side that applies to the car, apply the decal EVENLY pushing the vinyl sticker decals into the car. Use a credit card or ID (I used an old drivers license) rub the decals in good, getting rid of air bubbles. Then peel off the backing, fixing with the ID against the backing as you go.

I ended up screwing it up once, but at this price, I just ordered backups. :)

TURBOOMG.jpg
I ordered two as well just in case I mess up. Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help.