SiccTypeR

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type r 1999 suburban
Country flag
I ran Ultimate Racing catLESS DP/FP combo with the stock exhaust and it was barely noticeable sound wise. I went with GReddy 2 tip and bought the *OPTIONAL separate front section to keep it an honest FULL 3in all the way through. All in the GReddy was $800 and I love the sound. The local Porsche club commented on the good sounds as well.

If I had to do it again, I would try cutting the whole rear muffler section off the stock exhaust and try that.
Do you have a sound clip? I've been looking to get a better sound out of my exhaust, was thinking from cat back but not sure which way to go.
Sponsored

2017#2519

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017typeR
Country flag
I deleted the two resonators .I noticed a difference immediately in the sound. The car did not perform as well. I went to a tuning site explain my situation and was instructed to add an intake. I did so and the car runs much better. It’s still runs a bit rich.

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
I removed both mufflers and the resonator in back. I think it sounds like shit.

I have a few stock exhausts to play around with to find the right combo. I have drone and rasp in the cabin. I'm all stock and will remain 100% stock as this car is my track slut. I will be trying a vibrant 18" stainless bullet resonator in back, or 2 10" resonators to find a good, clean combo.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I removed both mufflers and the resonator in back. I think it sounds like shit.

I have a few stock exhausts to play around with to find the right combo. I have drone and rasp in the cabin. I'm all stock and will remain 100% stock as this car is my track slut. I will be trying a vibrant 18" stainless bullet resonator in back, or 2 10" resonators to find a good, clean combo.
A lot of people recommended against cutting off the stock resonator to avoid the drone. Some of the rasp might come from that as well, I'm not sure about that though.

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
A lot of people recommended against cutting off the stock resonator to avoid the drone. Some of the rasp might come from that as well, I'm not sure about that though.
Yeah, I knew what I was getting into. Cutting/welding the exhaust is really easy on this car, just been too damn hot to work on it. I think the small 10" resonators in the spot the stock mufflers are in, along with the stock mid-pipe resonator staying on is going to sound good.

I'm also turning into an old man who hates anything loud haha.

mdm24

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I cut out both resonators and I like the sound. Maybe a little bit of drone when getting hard on the gas but not when cruising or on the highway. Only my kids sit in the back though but they tell me to go faster so I think they like it lol.
Sponsored