Imperial_FK7

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic Ex Hatch
Country flag
I would like to ask if anybody has any advice for installing any mods to my EX hatch, or if I should even bother because it’s a non sport.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Venomid

First Name
Omid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport CVT
Country flag
I would like to ask if anybody has any advice for installing any mods to my EX hatch, or if I should even bother because it’s a non sport.
I have a sport which I believe has the same turbo as you but it was maybe factory tuned to the 180hp. I added about 60 additional horsepower and about the same in torque. It’s been driving amazing for 8k miles already for me.
so that being said, I think you should be good to mod. I know I’ve seen way too many ex on here too that have modded but I haven’t read their posts.

OP
OP

Imperial_FK7

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic Ex Hatch
Country flag
I have a sport which I believe has the same turbo as you but it was maybe factory tuned to the 180hp. I added about 60 additional horsepower and about the same in torque. It’s been driving amazing for 8k miles already for me.
so that being said, I think you should be good to mod. I know I’ve seen way too many ex on here too that have modded but I haven’t read their posts.
Thank you

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
You have the same engine as the sport. If you want to mod your car, then mod your car. The only things that are not direct fit is really the center exit exhausts. (Can be fixed with the oem diffuser. Suspension stuff and most body parts should fit fine.

Telly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
I have a decent amount of mods (I think at least) on my 18 EX hatch. If it’s something you like to do, then do it. Otherwise, don’t. It’s complete personal preference.

My mods: Eibach pro-kit lowering springs, XXR559 18” wheels, smoked Suma Performance side markers, morimoto XB LED headlights and fogs, hirevsports smoked LED tail lights, KTuner 2.0, TSP Stage 1, PRL Cobra CAI street version, swapped all interior lights with LEDs from Diode Dynamics, leather upholstered interior cabin, and Type R leather steering wheel swap.

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
I have a decent amount of mods (I think at least) on my 18 EX hatch. If it’s something you like to do, then do it. Otherwise, don’t. It’s complete personal preference.

My mods: Eibach pro-kit lowering springs, XXR559 18” wheels, smoked Suma Performance side markers, morimoto XB LED headlights and fogs, hirevsports smoked LED tail lights, KTuner 2.0, TSP Stage 1, PRL Cobra CAI street version, swapped all interior lights with LEDs from Diode Dynamics, leather upholstered interior cabin, and Type R leather steering wheel swap.
At this point im curios abt numbers and how the CVT feels when tuned? Been on a dyno yet?

Telly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
At this point im curios abt numbers and how the CVT feels when tuned? Been on a dyno yet?
I don’t plan on getting a dyno test since it’s a CVT, and I just don’t really care that much haha. The CVT feels smooth. I’d like to do more power mods, but I don’t trust the CVT.

Hindsight, I wish I got an Si, but at the time the ex hatch made the most sense for my situation. I also didn’t really have a huge interest in modifying the car, but the pandemic and making more money made me love my civic lol

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
The ex and sport are essentially the same thing power wise. My wife has the EX and I have the sport touring. Getting her exhaust modified was an experience, but that's the only difficulty I've had.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The ex and sport are essentially the same thing power wise. My wife has the EX and I have the sport touring. Getting her exhaust modified was an experience, but that's the only difficulty I've had.
They have the same basic factory tune and power. Doug from Hondata showed that way back when. He determined that the 180hp rating in the Sport was mostly due to 91 octane versus 87.

Last edited:

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
They have the same basic factory tune and power. Doug from Hondata showed that way back when. He determined the the 180hp rating in the Sport was mostly due to 91 octane versus 87.
That's what I figured it was
Sponsored