Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
You can expect to lose 1/3 of that range if you live in the north.
yeah in colorado its freezing all the time but i garage it

but can understadn that even though tesla fans boys say it doesnt.. The good thing about the model y it has a heat pump now and uses less electricity.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I would agree on this one. I even think the brake system on the 2020 CTR is supposedly just as good as the acura nsx 200k , this was on a review .

I do like the space and hatch appearance of the model y, gas is still cheap. I had hondata on my 2018 type r which will be traded in . My car payment will be 30.00 less on the 2020 CTR even though my interest rate is a bit higher , about 600.00 more over 6 years.

I do like honda's and was lucky to find another champ white. Seems in my region this color is not being pushed as much vs previous years 2017-2019
Why are you considering a Tesla at all?

(realized that you're talking about the Model Y, which is by far the ugliest Tesla they've made yet, IMO — the proportions are just fucked up so bad. Never knew what to make of the online photos, then I saw one in our neighborhood and decided to never ever ever consider one)

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag

(realized that you're talking about the Model Y, which is by far the ugliest Tesla they've made yet, IMO — the proportions are just fucked up so bad. Never knew what to make of the online photos, then I saw one in our neighborhood and decided to never ever ever consider one)
Looks is subjective. Same goes for the Civic. Remember when the R came out, people said it’s so ugly and immature?

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag

Maybe he really really likes golf carts and wants one with highway capabilities and a radio?

Maybe he really likes hearing wind noise and himself breathing.

Fun stuff those Teslas - so thrilling.

OP
OP

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
Maybe he really really likes golf carts and wants one with highway capabilities and a radio?

Maybe he really likes hearing wind noise and himself breathing.

Fun stuff those Teslas - so thrilling.
all electric is the future. the type supposedly cannot lap faster than a tesla model 3 performance on some tracks.

I dont appreciate the. insulting smug comments putting words in my mouth.

do some research and provide something meaningful to the discussion or stop posting

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
all electric is the future. the type supposedly cannot lap faster than a tesla model 3 performance on some tracks.

I dont appreciate the. insulting smug comments putting words in my mouth.

do some research and provide something meaningful to the discussion or stop posting
It's a joke jesus bro how much sand do you have in your panties?

It's F-U-N-N-Y

You're on a stickshift gas powered car board - if you must know I got this car specifically because the era of no fun golf cart cars is on the horizon.

Oh noez I disparaged the might TESLA by likening it to a golf cart. Lets see here -

- Battery
- One gear
- Pedal

Golf cart confirmed - add some leather and glass and it's a Tesla.

www.google.com ----> humor

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh noez I disparaged the might TESLA by likening it to a golf cart. Lets see here -
I've always called them refrigerators on wheels but golf carts work too

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've always called them refrigerators on wheels but golf carts work too
Anytime one lines up I can't even tell if they want to race or not - just a calm day with wind in the air. Then all of a sudden they decide they're racing poof off in their golf cart and think they accomplished something lol.

Hilarious stuff.

fast golf cart 0 to 60 2.8sec.
Man you like the Tesla so much go out and get one? There is zero entertainment to be hand sailing to 2.8 without any effort, visceral sensation other than some push of acceleration and zero noise other than the wind -

I don't care if a Tesla went 0-100 in 1.5 seconds it'd still be boring and sterile to drive due to the lack of a machine in hand that you're actively engaged in.

Your measure of what makes the ultimate car may make sense to you - but you're on a board for a 'last of the great stickshifts' of our generation that has a wonderful GAS powered engine.

Get a Tesla

Don't get a Tesla

But getting your virtual panties in a twist about a car you don't even own, but apparently lust for, it kind of silly at this point.

Be like Elsa -

Let - It - Go

P.S. Golf carts suck :)

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anytime one lines up I can't even tell if they want to race or not - just a calm day with wind in the air. Then all of a sudden they decide they're racing poof off in their golf cart and think they accomplished something lol.

Hilarious stuff.
Since it's fun to tease them, sometimes I rev my engine if I'm next to one acting like I'm going to race. They usually take the bait and it's fun to then just briskly accelerate while they woooooosh into the distance.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Since it's fun to tease them, sometimes I rev my engine if I'm next to one acting like I'm going to race. They usually take the bait and it's fun to then just briskly accelerate while they woooooosh into the distance.
My absolute favorite is to be in my M2 with the really delicious LOUD exhaust and be around one that is obviously catching the golf cart feelings HARD.

Extra long spool of 2nd and 3rd gear required when passing. May as well give them something nice to listen to - I feel bad for them!

Wooooooooooooooosh lol!

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My absolute favorite is to be in my M2 with the really delicious LOUD exhaust and be around one that is obviously catching the golf cart feelings HARD.
GOLF CART FEELINGS :rofl:

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Looks is subjective. Same goes for the Civic. Remember when the R came out, people said it’s so ugly and immature?
Immature, maybe, (and that's one thing I like about it) but the Model Y is like a counterfeit Penny Racer version of the Model 3.

OP
OP

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
I think a model 3 long range would destroy a type r off the line to the 1/4

I kinda wish I traded to a Tesla model 3 or Y now that I think about it because i am at 6500ft. It would give me a huge advantage even against turbo cars and NA. I can take road trips up to 12-13k feet above sea level.
Either way in 2 years I will reconsider my options. I got the 2020 CTR one because its under 40k and is a sweet handling car. I love shifting although getting kind of old not to be shifting anymore. Also want more of a travel car but I think this can be solved with a new set of 19s and higher side walls. I do like the hatchback,can store huge boxes,65" tvs with ease, you cant do this with most sedans nor the model 3. Lane keep and adaptive cruise is incredible .My 600 mile road trip was alot less fatigue for me vs my 2018 CTR. Auto high beams is crazy good driving down dark roads or out in the country. I just cant believe tesla doesnt have cross traffic alert when reversing?Hopefully Honda comes out with something comparable to GM super cruise technology which a ICE car can basically do autopilot.
I do need AWD for snow however I will probably be fine with LSD and winter tire set. Honda CTR seems to hold its value super good. Will most likely keep my 2020 CTR for 24 months before resale and trade tanks. They say it is good to sell or trade before the 2 year mark , what do you guys think?

My plans right now though is to clean the car really good apply a ceramic coat myself and get hondata again and call it a day.

Just my thoughts.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.