Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
Less than 500 miles on mine and I had 18s/tires and swift springs on it. Next is few bolt ons then dp/hondata
Honda Civic 10th gen Modding 2020 R right after pick-up? IMG_20200623_081209_193

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
is the intake really worth the time and money to install? I mean the stock intake is good enough isnt it with hondata?

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
is the intake really worth the time and money to install? I mean the stock intake is good enough isnt it with hondata?
no, yes. I just got it for the sound

garysan

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sandersonandson.com
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R & BMW M135i
Country flag
no, yes. I just got it for the sound
What he said. The sound difference is night/day. I went PRL as also planning other PRL pressies down the road but any intake (including drop in K&N or PRL Stage1) will give you far more character/drama than stock. #smilespergallon

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What he said. The sound difference is night/day. I went PRL as also planning other PRL pressies down the road but any intake (including drop in K&N or PRL Stage1) will give you far more character/drama than stock. #smilespergallon
takeda here.. sounds awesome.

Honda Civic 10th gen Modding 2020 R right after pick-up? IMG_20200613_150738 (1)

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys!

Long story short, I ended up trading in my current 17 for a 2020 boost blue that im picking up this Thursday! VERY Exciting.

I have a few things from my 17 i'd like to switch over, mainly catless PRL Dp and HKS legamax.

Now my question is, should i follow a small break in period? or just install everything few days after I pick up my new R!

My 17 R when i picked it up had about 11,000km's. So looking for anybody who modded their car shortly after pick up!

thanks!
I did the same last year when I picked up my 2019.
Go for Catted.. ..
I have my car dyno tuned on every stage of my mod, catless and catted has basically no different, catted give you better choice with catback down the road.. but no smell at all.. and you are being nice to the environment.

HustedDrums

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
I always think of a break in period and such is just a manufacturers recommendation. I just drive the cars like I think someone who builds them would when they take a new car off the lot.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did the same last year when I picked up my 2019.
Go for Catted.. ..
I have my car dyno tuned on every stage of my mod, catless and catted has basically no different, catted give you better choice with catback down the road.. but no smell at all.. and you are being nice to the environment.

This plus no CEL.

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's that going to do?
Watched a Hondata study on best intake to upgrade and the result was no viable gain on expensive aftermarket intakes, in fact it decreased performance. Instead to keep it stock or if you must K&N drop in filter for best bang for the buck in gaining sound.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Watched a Hondata study on best intake to upgrade and the result was no viable gain on expensive aftermarket intakes, in fact it decreased performance. Instead to keep it stock or if you must K&N drop in filter for best bang for the buck in gaining sound.

You gain sound, but those filters do a crappy job of actually filtering.
Sponsored