Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Heh the only dumb question is one not asked, if don’t know the answer ;)

I’m a newb also, but everything I’ve read on this forum about our cars going limp at the track seen to have been related to oil and coolant temperatures and possibly fuel starvation when getting below 1/2 tank of gas.
Sponsored

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think that’s normal. Have you tried reinstalling everything and driving the car?

Guys, just did this mod and was wondering if it’s normal for the “bulb” to have this much play in it, or if I damaged it while bending

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Wow, 13 page thread. Can I get a simple answer as to whether it's safe to cut off about 1/2 of the post within the shroud or not?
We don't know. It all boils down to my original question regarding it. Does the stock ECU tune already account for the fact that the part does this? If it does, then this mod would be no more dangerous than a minor piggyback tune. If it doesn't, then there is no harm and no foul in doing this mod. I personally don't feel like your motor will blow up or anything if this mod is done, but it can put the motor out of stock ECU "spec" (assuming the stock tune does account for this part being the way it is).

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
If anyone wants to try this mod without modding their only stock one, I’ll let mine go for $30 shipped. I ordered another one sensor.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mod your ACT Sensor And Gain HP?! 209C091F-662A-4D8A-A09D-0D846F5F4F9D

Honda Civic 10th gen Mod your ACT Sensor And Gain HP?! E10C1BED-27E9-4E7D-AEA6-EBF02C26A2F0

LostCypher

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 rsx type-s, 2004 tl
Country flag
This is what I did, I Isolated the sensor and moved away from the bell housing, the thermistor is not touching the housing or the tab anymore, no need to cut the tab.

The videos are from previous the mod, as you can see the IAT or after intercooler temps was already quick to drop son as I get boost.

What I feel after the mod a slightly improvement when the temperatures after intercooler heat soak , personally I din't feel any difference in power, maybe because my setup is already improved regarding cooling mods, (charge pipes heat wrapped, Mishimoto intercooler the charge pipes came already heat thermal coated , mishimoto intake modded )

Here some pictures during all the process.

IMG_6968.JPG

IMG_7166.JPG

IMG_7187.JPG

IMG_7188.JPG

IMG_7190.JPG

IMG_7191.JPG

IMG_7193.JPG

IMG_7194.JPG

IMG_7195.JPG

IMG_7196.JPG

IMG_7197.JPG

IMG_7198.JPG

IMG_7199.JPG

IMG_7200.JPG

IMG_7201.JPG

IMG_7202.JPG

IMG_7203.PNG

IMG_7204.JPG

IMG_7207.JPG

IMG_7208.PNG
How has it held up? What's the products u using for the heat wrap? The silver one and the kevlar looking one with the adhesive.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
How has it held up? What's the products u using for the heat wrap? The silver one and the kevlar looking one with the adhesive.
Hello!

Im using a embossed aluminum heat shield , and the other is a sticky back titanium sheet . I notice around 2 or 3 degrees lower when the motor has no boost , but this could be because the thermistor was soaked in oil , when the motor has boost I didn’t notice any change . Or nothing I could see on the data logs .

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
This only works on stock tune. The hondata basemaps raise the turbo temp chart far beyond what you will see. Stock uses turbo max temp and turbo max pa charts and not aircharge limit. This iat manifold sensor reduces off the turbo max temp chart. After tuning aircharge is the new limit and the other 2 charts are raised to a level you’ll never see. Even the efr turbo fuel system tune won’t hit it.
Aircharge under the boost tab is the new limit besides torque request. Notice above aircharge is a temp reduction chart. It says iat2. That’s the iat inside the MAF sensor.
That becomes your new temp reduction. The manifold temp sensor no longer effects boost. I’ve proven this even with water meth injection. Meth injection has no effect on aircharge what so ever. Stock it does and if tune off the temp max chart it will. That’s only if you keep it below a specific aircharge. If you notice turbo max temp chart after tuning the lowest number is almost 3 bar absolute at 90c. 3 bar absolute is 29 psi positive pressure. Obviously it’s not a limit you encounter. The stock turbo could never put that out at 90c. Even if you set these setting way higher it won’t matter unless the MAF housing is bigger also. Using stock size MAF housing youll see at higher rpm about 220 aircharge is pretty much all it will do. The boost numbers become higher on turbo upgrades. Stock 220 aircharge does about 24 psi full bolt on above 6500 rpm. Garret g25-550 does about 27-28 psi up high. This is using Prl hvi with rampage turbo kit. Most peope won’t hit that anyway.
obviously bigger turbo more effeciency. Boost numbers change by turbo effeciency even with the same aircharge settng.
still even with smaller MAFusing bigger turbo you can see numbers north of 450whp dynojet so don’t think it’s a big deal unless your shooting for 500whp dynojet.
dynapack reads a bit higher. Expect larger numbers on dynapack.

email questions
[email protected]

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
The manifold temp sensor no longer effects boost. I’ve proven this even with water meth injection. Meth injection has no effect on aircharge what so ever.
As you know aircharge is not equal to boost. Lower IAT will request less boost even though aircharge will be the same. Less boost means faster spool, less heat in the turbocharger and less heat in the engine overall.

Back2Honda

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2004 Subaru Wrx STI, 2004 Infinity G35
Country flag
Hello!

Im using a embossed aluminum heat shield , and the other is a sticky back titanium sheet . I notice around 2 or 3 degrees lower when the motor has no boost , but this could be because the thermistor was soaked in oil , when the motor has boost I didn’t notice any change . Or nothing I could see on the data logs .
Where’d you buy the embossed aluminum heat shield? Is it stiff like a thin sheet but flexible sheet of aluminum?
Sponsored