Mobil 1 Extended Performance

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
My question is it ok, to use Mobil 1 Extended Performance for civic SI?
I change oil every 5-6k miles
Sponsored

Zed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6MT FK7 (Sold), 991.2 Carrera S, 3rd Gen Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use M1 EP and have changed it every 5k since I got the car. The vehicle has 40k miles currently; 35k of which have been tuned with bolt-ons.

Realistically for street driving, you would be just fine with any correct full synthetic oil.

Reactions: DmK

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
That's what I used for my first oil change at 6k miles. Been using Mobil 1 for many years and never had an issue.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5uhKa1pl

RedBullHondaF1

Banned
Banned
First Name
Speed Maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, 2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Love that oil...that's what I put in my vehicles.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
From my research, M1 EP is a very good oil, which is why I went with that for my first DIY oil change (combined with the rebate that was available).

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Its fantastic oil for everyday driven cars. Especially Turbo vehicles. I put them in my WRX for years in the past, currently in my wife Ascent, and in my Si.

I have had ZERO issues with it. Personally I don't really drive my car much over the year, maybe 6-8k miles? So i Just change it every year in January, but one year in my WRX I did go all the way to the 15k mark and it still looked good when I drained it.

Its rated to go to 15k miles, or 1 year. So save yourself some time and money and unless you do a LOT of high stress driving, like fast and hard acceleration, or track your car there is no need to change the oil and filter at 6k miles. You can go further with this oil for sure.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Amsoil SS all the way, but any and all 0w-20 oil is okay to use.

samguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Any sellers/prices to recommend? Walmart is selling Mobil 1 Extended Performance Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-20, 5 Quart for $27.47 and free delivery...

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Its fantastic oil for everyday driven cars. Especially Turbo vehicles. I put them in my WRX for years in the past, currently in my wife Ascent, and in my Si.

I have had ZERO issues with it. Personally I don't really drive my car much over the year, maybe 6-8k miles? So i Just change it every year in January, but one year in my WRX I did go all the way to the 15k mark and it still looked good when I drained it.

Its rated to go to 15k miles, or 1 year. So save yourself some time and money and unless you do a LOT of high stress driving, like fast and hard acceleration, or track your car there is no need to change the oil and filter at 6k miles. You can go further with this oil for sure.
The new Mobil 1 EP is rated 20 kmiles.
I never keep the oil for even close to this mileage, because I don't drive anywhere near this much in a year. I change at 6 kmiles max and this with a mid-OCI quick partial change. For this reason I switched from M 1 AP 0W20 to M 1 AFE 0W30.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mobil 1 Extended Performance F08CFA7C-33C6-4686-8102-58A9E9A5E26D

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Just realized I actually went w/ AFE not EP. Sorry!

OP
OP

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag

I usually drive it relatively hard that's why prefer to stay on the safe side and change every 5-6k

OP
OP

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Amsoil SS all the way, but any and all 0w-20 oil is okay to use.
Yes, I heard that Amsoil is the best, but I couldn't find it locally. Ended up with Motul

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Yes, I heard that Amsoil is the best, but I couldn't find it locally. Ended up with Motul
I buy it from their website, with their membership you get a discount. $10 a quart vs $13 I believe it is without the membership. Membership is $20 for the year

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
The new Mobil 1 EP is rated 20 kmiles.
I never keep the oil for even close to this mileage, because I don't drive anywhere near this much in a year. I change at 6 kmiles max and this with a mid-OCI quick partial change. For this reason I switched from M 1 AP 0W20 to M 1 AFE 0W30.

F08CFA7C-33C6-4686-8102-58A9E9A5E26D.jpeg
oh awesome, did it used to be 15k miles ? For someone reason I thought it was.