2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag

chattanoogaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stinger
Country flag
Holy hell reading through all of these posts I feel like I'm reading a Corvette forum.

Sound like a bunch of guys who'd rather stand around at a Cars and Coffee talking about how good the car is stock wearing these...
415445_102_P1.jpg
Not kidding, my 73 year old dad has these on his feet daily.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
I don't understand.....Why modify the suspension of a platform like the FK8 that already has superior Suspension right out of the gate? I can see power bolts ons and tuning ...but suspension seems like a wasted effort to me.

The honda engineers got this right Why are we fucking with it?

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I don't understand.....Why modify the suspension of a platform like the FK8 that already has superior Suspension right out of the gate? I can see power bolts ons and tuning ...but suspension seems like a wasted effort to me.

The honda engineers got this right Why are we fucking with it?
wheel gap? track use?

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
wheel gap? track use?
Isn't this car built for the track right out of the plant? It has the numbers to prove it with the platform it currently has.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
a "built for the track" car doesnt come with 20 inch wheels & a lack of cooling lol
LOL Touché ..........That is true

this car has some show elements to it that was just meant to wow the crowd.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Isn't this car built for the track right out of the plant? It has the numbers to prove it with the platform it currently has.
definitely not a "track car" out of the plant. But you can definitely use it on the track and it will fare better than many cars but as stated earlier there are definitely some drawbacks that Honda overlooked imo. But what can you really do when you have a Honda civic that is nearing the 40-50k mark as is?

OP
OP
Chrisp1

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
Cooling issues plague it to really be a true track car.
true although stock there hasn’t been much cooling issues, plus not everyone tracking is doing it competitively or is doing 20 laps straight..remember we are also modifying and adding power..this does not help the cause

Tomek

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1994 Honda Civic EX K20a
Country flag
Holy hell reading through all of these posts I feel like I'm reading a Corvette forum.

Sound like a bunch of guys who'd rather stand around at a Cars and Coffee talking about how good the car is stock wearing these...
It's kind of the opposite, actually. More like understanding the car is great for what is but also recognizing where it's limitations are and that there may be compromises that come with certain modifications depending on one's intentions. I think is a good conversation to have.

There's no shame in that just like it is all good if someone has the mindset of "fuck it, YOLO", or if they just want to leave it as is and enjoy what Honda produced.

Simply throwing easy extra horsepower at the car or modding it for the sake of modding might work for driving the car to the local C&C (while wearing Nike Air Monarchs, of course :) ) or internet props, but if one wants to develop the car beyond the factory configuration and limitations and actually wants to drive it in anger for extended periods, they just need to be ready to manage that. Not everyone is or not everyone comes to realize that until they are in too deep.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Show me one track car in the world that comes with 245/30/20's. I'll wait.

While you're scouring Google, should we address the fact that the TCR Honda cars are using RV6 sway bars and a bunch of other aftermarket suspension parts? They created a very capable out the box, autox car, but a track car in stock form it is not. I had mine at an HPDE in stock form and it was awful.

OP
OP
Chrisp1

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
Show me one track car in the world that comes with 245/30/20's. I'll wait.

While you're scouring Google, should we address the fact that the TCR Honda cars are using RV6 sway bars and a bunch of other aftermarket suspension parts? They created a very capable out the box, autox car, but a track car in stock form it is not. I had mine at an HPDE in stock form and it was awful.
let’s not get into what a track car actually means when literally you can take almost anything to open lapping..now that it’s on a track does that mean it’s a track car..no

But when this civic on 20’s is out performing cars twice it’s cost and other vehicles that may also be categorized as “track cars” then maybe it is a track car lol

we can go on about this forever, and this car is capable..no shame in people keeping it stock..not everyone is running down the worlds famous tracks.
Sponsored