MK7 VW GTI Owner, interested in the new Si...

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
In your situation I would have drawn the opposite conclusion, that VW is not so awesome because the car made it through all inspections and still made it to the lot to be sold to you with the potential for serious issue or danger. In a scenario like that, I believe buying the car back would be more of a given than something to be applauded, especially with only 1500 miles on the clock.
His car was Stage 2 so that's very hit or miss with warranty work. Especially something this major it's usually miss when modded. That's why he's applauding them. Let's face it, numerous Civic 2.0's never should have been sold. But they were. Unfortunately bad things can happen when mass producing.
Sponsored

05NBPDC5

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RDX A-Spec SH-AWD
Country flag
His car was Stage 2 so that's very hit or miss with warranty work. Especially something this major it's usually miss when modded. That's why he's applauding them. Let's face it, numerous Civic 2.0's never should have been sold. But they were. Unfortunately bad things can happen when mass producing.
Sure, and the wrist pins were identified as an issue and corrected as a whole.

Nastrodamous

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7 GTI
Country flag
I am in the same boat as you. I went and drove the SI today and i think the cluth and the shifter were way better than on the mk7. It did feel light on the torque, but I think thats something I can live with. I am probably going to get the 2dr SI.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Their F1 team has fallen apart, unfortunately.

Couldn't sit by idly while the Civic was made to look as if it has a world of issues while the GTI is set on a perch...just isn't the case. I see you on the VW forums (golfmk7.com) bashing the new Civics.
Many of your points about the GTI aren't as severe as what happens on CivicX. The sunroof shade issue affects some people, but come on, the sunroof self-destructs and won't close on a CivicX.

I asked the moderators to delete my account when it was official that the Si will be 1.5T. I am very sour about the 1.5T. I do try and keep my anti-Si comments only in threads of GTI discussion. Anyways, again, disappointed in the 1.5T.

BTW drove a 6MT BRZ and a Civic Si today (my coworker wants to trade in his BRZ for an Si, so I got to tag along). Both were surprisingly solid cars, much more solid than my past Japanese cars. Pretty much on par behind-the-wheel with regards to solidity as my GTI. What shocked me was how slow both cars felt.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

9civic10

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
I like this car
I like that car

Not sure what there is to argue about

Buy the car you like more . I've not drove a gti bit I'm sure they are great cars. What cars are bad any more ? Really...none .

If you feel the gti is better , or the si...it doesn't matter does it ? Buy and enjoy the 9ne you like , and have fun driving :)

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I like this car
I like that car

Not sure what there is to argue about

Buy the car you like more . I've not drove a gti bit I'm sure they are great cars. What cars are bad any more ? Really...none .

If you feel the gti is better , or the si...it doesn't matter does it ? Buy and enjoy the 9ne you like , and have fun driving :)
That is NOT what the internet is for!!!

Texting&Driving

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 6 GT
So let me give my take. I actually had a mk7 first model year s with lighting package. I had it for about 1,500 miles or so before the welds snapped in the engine and my engine slightly fell out. Yes I said that right it basically fell out. Now to be more specific my gti was stage 2. Those fwd cars I don't think can handle that much power and as such I would do stage 1 only next time. But even with the mods vw corp bought my car back and declared it a manufacture defect. They said improper welds, do I believe it no I think it was to much power and snapped some welds but hey that just shows how awesome vw was for buying it back. After that I went into a wrx and hated it, such a rattle cheap fest. Now I am in the market for something to hold me over till type r adm is gone and I am comparing the gti and si. What I can tell you is the si has a way better look and more features but at the current pricing for gti you can't help but notice the performance and fit and finish. My issue is I still think the gti is so ugly but is so fun to drive.
Why did you hate the wrx? I am really considering one. Unless you bought an old one that was beat up and tuned..