First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's a matter of really understanding where to place/create a turbo in the market. Does it need to make the most power period? Does it need to be the cheapest? Should it be a turbo that is optimized for stock fuel system? Should it be a turbo that has to have a fuel upgrade to really see any benefits? Of course it will be a drop-in because that is our mantra and we include everything one needs.
I would think with the way these other turbos are posting numbers based on upgraded fuel systems, potentially there is a market for a one and done turbo upgrade that doesn't need a fuel system upgrade. Not sure how big that market would be though.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
I would think with the way these other turbos are posting numbers based on upgraded fuel systems, potentially there is a market for a one and done turbo upgrade that doesn't need a fuel system upgrade. Not sure how big that market would be though.
im in! for me 450-460 is enought for me?

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Is it really us being greedy when different cars (I.e focus rs, sti, golf r) in the same exact price bracket have upgrades at half the price?
Eh... my fiancé drives a stage 2 MK7 Golf R and
1. There aren’t nearly as many turbo upgrade options as the Civic (at least with upcoming options) and
2. Parts aren’t 1/2 the price. They’re roughly the same, if not slightly more.
Now I don’t have any experience and limited knowledge on the RS and STI, but I doubt the aftermarket price difference is as extreme as you say.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Eh... my fiancé drives a stage 2 MK7 Golf R and
1. There aren’t nearly as many turbo upgrade options as the Civic (at least with upcoming options) and
2. Parts aren’t 1/2 the price. They’re roughly the same, if not slightly more.
Now I don’t have any experience and limited knowledge on the RS and STI, but I doubt the aftermarket price difference is as extreme as you say.
agree on this,also new turbo's/parts are way more efficient(not all brand) that can justify some higher price

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I guess I am the only one who can deal with a laggy spool to get the BIG hit at 4800 and onward.
Call me a Maverick :)

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC TYPE R FK8, CRX SI 87', MAZDA 3 14'
Country flag
I guess I am the only one who can deal with a laggy spool to get the BIG hit at 4800 and onward.
Call me a Maverick :)
You're not the only one FWD benefits from turbo lag so I don't mind 4800 as long as we have 7500 rpm or 8000rpm from the FSU available ?

Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 K20 swapped coupe and 2013 Si coupe
Country flag
So is this really just the internal parts changed out? Same outside casting as factory turbo?

Even without an upgraded fuel system, you can still benefit from this or PRL's. Making the same power or a little more with less boost sounds nice in my opinion. I don't mind sitting on this turbo upgrade and my full bolt on PRL parts, just to make the power I make now with less boost. Then later on get the fuel system upgraded. ?‍♂ I mainly want 450...or maybe 500whp. I once said 350whp and I'd be happy with the it. Haha. Then when I hit (dynojet numbers) 380whp, I said I want more. ???

RealBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 & EK
Country flag
MHI turbos are in stock at Full-Race.

These include a brand new wastegate actuator, skip the hassle of reusing yours and avoid the potential issues that come with recalibrating the actuator on a turbo it wasn't designed for.

Not to mention it's cheaper than the other upgrade turbos... and OEM... which comes with the design, engineering, actual data, and warranty you would expect from an OEM, plus it's supported by Hondata.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Anyone seen this ? This shop went through 3 mhi turbo upgrades for the si and every single one broke. They don’t know why but they pulled them off their site and can’t recommend them. Hopefully CTR MHI doesn’t experience the same fate :/

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
Had Hondata with my previous Type R
Went the Ktuner route this time.

curious can this MHI be tuned using the Ktuner platform? I’m aware there is more limitations than Hondata but can it be done?
Sponsored