Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
I definitely don't see them being "junk" by any stretch, they're reputable companies.

But part of the perceived price gap has to be paying for their experience as an OEM.
Yup piece of mind my friend
Sponsored

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
Do you guys think this turbo will spool faster and have less turbo lag compared to the PRL unit?

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Hard to say without any data, but PRL said that in their testing they saw minimal variance in spool compared to stock, so the question is, how much better does it get?

dsm_mikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 ZL1 1LE, 07 S2000, 05 350Z, 86 190e 16V
Country flag
$2499 and no $800 core charge? I would imagine it includes all gaskets, etc...needed for install.
I think this is actually a fair deal for a new engineered turbo from an oem.

Now I wish that we didn't need to make so many changes to our fuel system to support it.

It is awesome to know that there is an upgrade that will look stock and is made by the original manufacturer of the oem turbo.

We won't know how all these aftermarket turbo options perform until we get real reviews from owners. I will be anxiously waiting actual results and reviews!

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Now I wish that we didn't need to make so many changes to our fuel system to support it. !
With the XDI now being supported by Hondata there’s a decent step up in being able to utilize a turbo that only takes an hour in your own garage to install. You won’t be hitting 600whp with a pump alone but you should see a great improvement nonetheless.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
$2499 and no $800 core charge? I would imagine it includes all gaskets, etc...needed for install.
I think this is actually a fair deal for a new engineered turbo from an oem.

Now I wish that we didn't need to make so many changes to our fuel system to support it.

It is awesome to know that there is an upgrade that will look stock and is made by the original manufacturer of the oem turbo.

We won't know how all these aftermarket turbo options perform until we get real reviews from owners. I will be anxiously waiting actual results and reviews!
I was thinking the same.. and is a Jap turbo, at the moment this turbo has all my attention, maybe it comes also with the waste gate actuator? anyway looks pretty fair price in my opinion.

breakingakajav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 91 Miata, 19 X-trek
Country flag
Welp not at all what I expected. It looks like for an extra $200 I’ll be going ball bearing PRL ftw!
Agreed, I'm hoping @Vincent@27WON was serious about building their own turbo even moreso now.

If not, I don't see any reason why the P600 would be passed over for this.

The OEM manufacturer doesn't mean much as PRL is well known and it's a dual ceramic ball bearing turbo at that!!

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Agreed, I'm hoping @Vincent@27WON was serious about building their own turbo even moreso now.

The OEM manufacturer doesn't mean much as PRL is well known and it's a dual ceramic ball bearing turbo at that!!
Since I dont live in state with mandated emissions I cant be sure, but I wonder if opting for the MHI unit would be preferable for visual inspections?

Not that you can really see much of the turbo anyways..

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

It's a matter of really understanding where to place/create a turbo in the market. Does it need to make the most power period? Does it need to be the cheapest? Should it be a turbo that is optimized for stock fuel system? Should it be a turbo that has to have a fuel upgrade to really see any benefits? Of course it will be a drop-in because that is our mantra and we include everything one needs.

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC TYPE R FK8, CRX SI 87', MAZDA 3 14'
Country flag
It's a matter of really understanding where to place/create a turbo in the market. Does it need to make the most power period? Does it need to be the cheapest? Should it be a turbo that is optimized for stock fuel system? Should it be a turbo that has to have a fuel upgrade to really see any benefits? Of course it will be a drop-in because that is our mantra and we include everything one needs.
I think knowing how much of a hit your turbo's are for the SI platform. I'm hopeful you know where you're going to place it amongst the competition

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
We're just being greedy ?
Sponsored