xdecemberguy

First Name
Randrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
How much time and effort is it to drop a new turbo in?? I've never pulled the turbo out of the FK8 before, but it looks rather easy...

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
How much time and effort is it to drop a new turbo in?? I've never pulled the turbo out of the FK8 before, but it looks rather easy...
I would imagine that if youve done a downpipe, it probably wouldnt be a significant amount of work on top of that. It should be removing whatever fastens it to the head, IC piping, and an oil line on top of that. Someone else should confirm this though.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
The turbo swap is not complicated for any experience mechanic , but if you never done it before don’t do it , there is certain procedures before to install the new turbo and if you don’t know them you can damaged the new unit . Also is a tight area and will be messy if you don’t take all the precautions when you disconnecting the oil lines and the water line , the coolant will be dripping for example. There’s a bolt underneath of the turbo not that easy to reach ect .

CW_CTR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2009 RDX, 2007 Accord
Country flag
I knew it was never gonna be below 2k but I had dreams of it being $2200
That's peace of mind. I have an easier time trusting a part from the company that makes the factory one. Still cheaper than some competitors, and it's their bread and butter business.

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
That's peace of mind. I have an easier time trusting a part from the company that makes the factory one. Still cheaper than some competitors, and it's their bread and butter business.
I absolutely agree but price is so close to the others that on paper are way more capable whether you use it to its full potential or not. Reliability is always nice but I can’t seeing the others being junk by a long shot !

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Was hoping for it to come in at least a couple hundred cheaper, makes the decision a bit harder. Please be competitive @Rampagefab :D

CW_CTR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2009 RDX, 2007 Accord
Country flag
I absolutely agree but price is so close to the others that on paper are way more capable whether you use it to its full potential or not. Reliability is always nice but I can’t seeing the others being junk by a long shot !
I definitely don't see them being "junk" by any stretch, they're reputable companies.

But part of the perceived price gap has to be paying for their experience as an OEM.
Sponsored