Missing front underbody Screws

Soulnchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
Hi, i’ve been hearing grinding sounds when i hit small bumps for the past week, i finally got a chance to look under the can and noticed the metal splash plate had somehow come loose and moved over the plastic, sticking a bit over an inch from the ground, i removed it and thought it used those quarter turn screws like the sides but found out it actually uses threaded screws. Thankfully i found two that fit the thread pattern and was wondering if anyone could post what the originals look like or where i can find them. I’m getting by with these till I can find the originals!
Thanks for your help!

Honda Civic 10th gen Missing front underbody Screws CBA2620F-EC3F-47A4-B49C-0168081FD2E8

Honda Civic 10th gen Missing front underbody Screws 20E3B9B2-0306-4549-91C7-4B63CB82761C

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
One more of the hundred post about that...
Did your dealer do a oil change ? Yes I guess

Look here;

https://www.civicx.com/threads/under-sheild-bolts.21359/

I bought some spair at Home depot

M6 -1 X 20 mm
Available in many good hardware and auto parts store,
Just add a washer.

These information are given in many other post.
M6-1 is the thread size
20 mm is the length, any length more than 15 mm ( 3/4 inches ) will

ttps://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-civic-coupe-lx-undercarriage.27912/page-2#post-625613

OP
OP
Soulnchain

Soulnchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
Yeah i guess i’m not a search guru ?
Thank you for your valuable time, that really helped! ?

NeemEss

First Name
Neven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si (sedan)
Country flag
I had the same issue. Can't offer much on getting replacements, but I went back to the dealer and they tried to say I hit something. They did the oil change and I told them screws don't just fall out. They replaced it for free. Good luck!

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ask the dealer for the screws. Even if they make you pay, they are $2 a piece. Be careful with aftermarket ones as they may not have a wide enough head to keep it in place. The Honda ones have a very wide head probably somewhere around 5/8" or 3/4" diameter. You can use a washer with aftermarket screws as suggested above but in my opinion that opens up to more potential issues. That's just asking for you to have it roll away while changing your oil or the dealer to forget to put back in. Then it's just about useless lol. They're so cheap it wouldn't make sense to not buy them, also they generally have 10+ of these in stock at the dealer as well, this isn't the first or second time this has happened.

I can take a pic later if I remember, I bought a bunch and most of them are still in the bag with part number. I changed my own oil with a magnetic tray for the bolts, and I was missing my two. Dumbfounded as to how this happened, I bought 6 of them. I think it's worth it in case any funny business happens.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, been there done that. And I'm the dumbass who forgot to tighten them.

Honda Civic 10th gen Missing front underbody Screws 20200713_114948

Honda Civic 10th gen Missing front underbody Screws 20200713_114924

OP
OP
Soulnchain

Soulnchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
Ask the dealer for the screws. Even if they make you pay, they are $2 a piece. Be careful with aftermarket ones as they may not have a wide enough head to keep it in place. The Honda ones have a very wide head probably somewhere around 5/8" or 3/4" diameter. You can use a washer with aftermarket screws as suggested above but in my opinion that opens up to more potential issues. That's just asking for you to have it roll away while changing your oil or the dealer to forget to put back in. Then it's just about useless lol. They're so cheap it wouldn't make sense to not buy them, also they generally have 10+ of these in stock at the dealer as well, this isn't the first or second time this has happened.

I can take a pic later if I remember, I bought a bunch and most of them are still in the bag with part number. I changed my own oil with a magnetic tray for the bolts, and I was missing my two. Dumbfounded as to how this happened, I bought 6 of them. I think it's worth it in case any funny business happens.
Yeah I would buy them, but €11 ($12) per screw is kind ridiculous here in Italy.
I would just remove the shield if the ones i put in won’t hold, no way I am giving Honda more money ?

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I would buy them, but €11 ($12) per screw is kind ridiculous here in Italy.
I would just remove the shield if the ones i put in won’t hold, no way I am giving Honda more money ?
Oh wow, yes that is way too much. Lot cheaper in US!

I refuse to run without the shield - it is snowy and salty for 7 months of the year here, so we need to protect against corrosion any way possible haha. You probably don't have snow there basically ever, I had a coworker who rotated to my site from Italy and he had never seen snow! If that's the case, it's probably not too big of a deal to run without it. My girlfriend bought her '16 coupe used and we realized later that that it didn't have the shield but she can't be bothered to buy it so we will see what happens... :oops:

OP
OP
Soulnchain

Soulnchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
You must have forgotten to tighten them right ?

OP is from Clarcksville......

I’m actually from Vicenza, 40min from Venice, don’t know why my profile says Clarksville....
We have snow maybe once or Twice a year, in Canada they would call it a snow flurry ? but they still over saturate the streets with salt, not much for the snow as for the ice. For now I’ll just roll with the crews I put in now, see how they hold up, if I loose them too, I’ll just replace them and add a drop of thread lock, just enough to seal a thread so it won’t bee too complicated tro remove next oil change, which is due soon anyway.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Venice ! Never beeb there.
Roma and other place for cycling ... I love italy

Go to you account ; you name Soulnchain; left side up screen.
Account detail
OP
OP
Soulnchain

Soulnchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
Venice ! Never beeb there.
Roma and other place for cycling ... I love italy

Go to you account ; you name Soulnchain; left side up screen.
Account detail

M16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Country flag
Does anybody know what part# the female threaded black nut that sits in the shield is? It's the part that the screw screws in. One of mine was missing also with the screw when I did a dealer oil change(also most of the plastic twist ones were missing)
Sponsored