Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic x 2018
Country flag
Hi guys,

Am planning to change the stock wheels (17 x 7jj +45) to either
a) 17 x 7.5jj
b) 18 x 7.5/8jj

What Offset should I be going for? The general rule is always go close to factory which is +45, but +45 seems to be quite rare where i am.

I did come across a set or 18 x 8jj +35 for the front and 18 x 8.5jj + 37 for the rear.
how does this work out? does this mean i cant prolong the tyre life (ie : tyre front-rear swap) compared to a set of equal spec?
Sponsored

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
The wheels can be mismatched if you want. You can rotate them as long as the new wheels and tires will fit in the front and back....

OP
OP

First Name
adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic x 2018
Country flag
The wheels can be mismatched if you want. You can rotate them as long as the new wheels and tires will fit in the front and back....
okay so i shouldnt be expecting any noticeable difference right? only reason im even considering it is coz someones letting go of their rims at a good price. otherwise id just go equal all round

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
okay so i shouldnt be expecting any noticeable difference right? only reason im even considering it is coz someones letting go of their rims at a good price. otherwise id just go equal all round
You wont feel any difference. It will not harm your car in any way. The only difference will be the visual difference of how the wheels stick out from your wheel wells. Make sure to always keep the same width wheels on the front.
Sponsored