Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
What’s taking so long
I thought presale was ready last week ...do we have a ball park how much it would be?
Guys, I am pretty sure Mishimoto wants to get these out ASAP, but some of the comments are just plain rude, quality parts dont just happen over night, prototyping, testing, changing, amd doing it all over again takes alot of time, especially when your business doesnt revolve around 1 car.....it will be here when all is good and ready and I can attest that it is worth the wait.
%100 agree! A quality part is worth waiting for and as @JLOracing said the CTR is not the only car they develop for...they are all over the place with anything from full size trucks to corvettes. If anyone is that impatient they can grab the PRL intercooler which is still a quality piece or get one of the not-so-great rushed to market intercoolers. Keep in mind this includes the charge pipes as well which increased development time. I had great customer service when i purchased my intake from @Mishimoto and i don't mind being patient for a quality part. :D
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you! First off, I apologize if there was any confusion on when the presale is launching, we don't have an exact date as of now, but we're currently on track to have a link for you guys before the end of this month. I'll make sure to keep you guys updated if anything changes!

As for the development time, as @JLOracing and @MonkeyBoost pointed out, there's a lot that goes into developing a quality intercooler setup, and we'd prefer not to cut any corners to make sure that we're delivering the best possible product to your door. There's plenty of designing, testing, and not to mention the time it takes to produce our first batch, which, by the way is getting very close to being finished ;) While the CTR isn't our only focus, it's definitely one of our main ones, and we're just as excited to start getting these intercooler kits out to you guys as soon as we can. We do greatly appreciate your patience and we're not much further now!

-Nick
Sponsored

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
I’m not even gonna do the pre-sale, I’m just gonna buy it out right once it’s available, don’t ask me how lol.

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
@Mishimoto said they should have a link ready to go by the end of the month. What more do you want to know?
"Should" have doesn't sound very promising. You and I both know that it may not happen. Something more solid would be nice so that folks can adjust their budgets accordingly ;) In addition, perhaps some pricing would be very nice as well. I don't crap $$ out of my ass and have been holding off on buying other parts until this, so it would really be appreciated. That's all.

NinjamanCTR

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
"Should" have doesn't sound very promising. You and I both know that it may not happen. Something more solid would be nice so that folks can adjust their budgets accordingly ;) In addition, perhaps some pricing would be very nice as well. I don't crap $$ out of my ass and have been holding off on buying other parts until this, so it would really be appreciated. That's all.
I think the estimation they provided indicated a certain level of confidence in myself and others. Moreover, we all know that intercooler kits run anywhere from $500 to $800 so it's safe to assume that a savvy buyer would set aside the prescribed range of funds required to buy. If you can't afford $500-$800 on a car part, then save up and buy when you can. 1st world problems!

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Nothing just yet to update you guys with, but we will have a presale link for you guys soon. We're still on track for the end of the month, and we're working on making sure everything is up to our standards before we make them available! I'll be sure to keep you guys in the loop if any of that changes!

-Nick

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Nothing just yet to update you guys with, but we will have a presale link for you guys soon. We're still on track for the end of the month, and we're working on making sure everything is up to our standards before we make them available! I'll be sure to keep you guys in the loop if any of that changes!

-Nick
Checking on updates on a daily haha while I’m still waiting to get my mishi intake that I ordered since Jan 31st on the presale

NinjamanCTR

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

NinjamanCTR

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just placed my order with Mishimoto!!!!!!!

Just kidding. :D

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
The inter cooler is kind of heavy compare to PRL ‘s 17lb intercooler
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.